• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Li...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...doesnt really go to Spire Regency Macclesfield any more!
That is the response I got from his secretary this morning.
I emailed her to ask when I would see him for my 12 month check up to get his blessing to try to conceive and she replied saying he doesnt really go there any more but she will talk to him this week and arrange for him to go there to see me, I told her I am willing to meet him at a different clinic if thats helpful, she said she will let me know.
So if I hadnt contacted them what would have happened I wonder...if he doesnt go there now then what happens to his patients that are registered there. What happens with the weight loss clinic there? I have asked her about that too and she said she will let me know asap.
How can he just stop going there and not let his patients know this, what about us? Are we just forgotten about? I like him a lot but am a bit disappointed with my treatment because I had the op and then wasnt seen until 6 months post op for a check up and then once since then with the nurses to be weighed and checked and that is the point I saw the dietician (who said I could actually teach HER a few things as I seemed very clued up lol haha) so in 12 months I have been seen twice, once by Mr Li and once by the nurses and dietician, doesnt seem quite enough to me.
Annnnnyway, just seems a bit crap to stop operating at a hospital and not let your patients know, I would be quite happy to go to a different hospital for my checks, Macclesfield isnt that close and we have to pass other Spires to get there!
Steph xx

Iv never had an appointment post-op with my surgion its always been the nurses but lucky for me i cut his hair every 4 weeks so i pick his brains then lol

It doesnt seem very fair to say the least Steph, if he doesnt operate there anymore his patients should be transferred to a hospital where he does operate....I wouldnt be very happy either XX

i wonder when or if they were gonna actually inform your steph, its a good job you rang isnt it.

That is plain shocking! What are they thinking of?! I thought NHS aftercare was for life? It is in Sunderland.

Thanks for the replies guys xx
I dont think that it had entered their minds to tell the Regency folks about it, makes me wonder if Id have ever heard from them again!!
No, my NHS aftercare isnt for life, it is for two years, that is what my PCT pay for, two years worth.
Steph xx

i have never seen my surgeon post op either, i see a bariatric nurse every month and speak to dietician once a month on the telephone too. It does say in my package details that i will only see the surgeon if it is medically necessary
xxxx

Thanks for the replies guys xx
I dont think that it had entered their minds to tell the Regency folks about it, makes me wonder if Id have ever heard from them again!!
No, my NHS aftercare isnt for life, it is for two years, that is what my PCT pay for, two years worth.
Steph xx

Good grief! I've been told my after care is for life! I can't believe it! I am literally SHOCKED!

Back