• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Shroeder - Sunderland

Undecided

OK, so I finally got through to the dietition to ask about the pre-op diet. Apparently she'd already called and I didnt answer. It was from a withheld number (which I never answer), and they are told not to leave messages. Weird ?! How can you return a call if you don't know who called you.

Anyway surgeon will apparently be Mr Shroeder. Can't find anything on the net about him.

Oh and I asked about addiction transfer. They are aware of it and apparently there are cases of ex Sunderland patients being affected.

She said there are no more meetings until the day you are admitted. So I had to make do with asking the dietition my questions. Not ideal, but better than nothing I guess.

So my next question I guess is - anyone been operated on by this surgeon and had any probs ? From what I can gather he's new to Sunderland. At least for bariatric surgery anyway. Is he approachable ? My experience so far is one of feeling a bit fobbed off lol

When I had my surgeons appt I saw Mr Schroeder even though I am being operated on by Mr Balapuri.

I had only lost 6lb instead of 11lb and he gave me a 2nd chance he said as long as I had lost the 11lb for my endoscopy 6 weeks later then I would be ok. I had lost 23lb by then. He was really good and very nice to talk to.

Hope this helps, Karen x

hes is a lovely man, i think you will like him very much, hes very good at what he does and alot of my close friends have had their ops done by him and things have went extremley well, your in good hands with him, i know its easy for me to say... but try not to over worry hes a very good bariatric surgeon x

mr schroeder operated on me, when he came to see me on the morning he made me feel at ease straight away, i knew i was in safe hands, i haven't had any problems regarding the operation. (was a little poorly with meds but all sorted now) good luck and all the best x

mr schroder operated on barbara ( above ) and myself on the same day he is a fantastic surgeon, very approachable and rather dishy to say the least. you will be in very good hands.

as for the addiction transfer i wouldnt worry and stress yourself too much about something that might never happen -

good luck xxx

Wow do they do two in one day ? How long does it take ? I might have to look for a pic now youve said that. lol !

they can do up to four a day but barbara and myself were the only two patients booked in for our sunday, it was great having someone go through the same thing as you at the same time.

he's been with sunderland a while now, he did my seminar back in 2009 and i found him totally charming then too. i always wanted mr small to do my surgery, and was quite gutted when i was told it was mr schroder but looking back i wouldnt have it any other way. my surgery was 7 weeks ago and i cant believe how much my life has changed in such a short period.

Oh wow. Wonder if anyone else will be in with me. I know there's one just before and just after. It's nice hearing some positive stories. I've scared myself to death the last few days finding all the bad stuff ! lol

the positives out weight everything for me. i was one of the lucky ones i woke up from op with no pain at all - ive never had a pain killer since before my op, i was on my feet straight away and had my first shower less than 4 hours after the op , i felt fantastic and that has been the same ever since. the only problem i have had is with going to loo in the first few weeks but thankfully thats sorted itself out now. today i walked 5 miles which i would never dreamed of before, i am 4 dress sizes smaller , i feel happy and confident about myself - which i have never been for years and if this is how i feel after losing 5 stone i cant wait to lose the next 5 . and i am becoming obsessed with exercise at 7 weeks i am only limiting it to walking, swimming and easy gym work - trying to get rid of bingo wings, but for the first time in my life i want to exercise and do something.

hi, im with mr shroeder he is great, very softly spoken you will like him he knows what he is doing. will be seeing him soon myself cant wait !

they can do up to four a day but barbara and myself were the only two patients booked in for our sunday, it was great having someone go through the same thing as you at the same time.
i agree with christine it was nice having someone there who was going through the same thing as you, thankfully in my case it was christine as where i thought i was so clued up on every thing when me and christine where chatting she gave me info that i hadn't researched on and even when i was questioning myself it was nice to have her moral support. thank you christine, i bet you were thinking you drew the short straw with me lol. :D

I've read many a good post about Mr Schroeder... you won't go far wrong with him i hope xx

Hi I was operated on by Mr Shcroeder on Christmas eve n I've found him to be very approachable and helpful, I had quite a bit discomfort over the Christmas once I was home and I rang on 30th dec n spoke t dietician just for advice, she in turn spoke t Mr Schroeder n asked me t go down to hospital so he could check me over, I ended up being admitted again n had t have scan n blood tests just t rule out any possible problems, Mr Schroeder totally put my mind at rest & for all it was the holiday period nothin was a problem for him, I wouldn't have chose any other surgeon, U r totally in good hands xxx

i met him, he is very handsome! and had delicate hands...not that should make any difference! mr Small is doing my op this month... but id be happy if anyone of the three surgeons were to be honest!.

great news ssot !

Congratulations, Karen x

Mr Schoeder is lovely and a good surgeon too. very kind and very approachable. and very expereinced too. he takes his patients' welfare very seriously. You'll be on vey good hands.
Grace xxx

Back