• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Sigurdsson

sarahss15

Hi. Thank you for your support.

Has anyone been operated on by Mr Sigurdsson? I went to Telford hospital for pre op last week. I have had to pay for op so I will naturally be on the private ward. However, when I went into one of the rooms, I was surprised. No frills, no carpet like Dolan Pk! Basically it was just an NHS hopsital with a private ward. It looked really depressing.I ended up in tears. This is such a drstic op. I am so worried. I have paid now so no backing out. I so want to get rid of diabetes.The staff were great though. I don't need carpet etc as long as the surgeon knows what he is doing.Just wondered what your experience was if he was your surgeon.

Mr Sigurddson did my surgery, and although he's not the most talkative, my surgery was very smooth, he's always been lovely when I've seen him 'in clinic', and now, 12 weeks out my surgery scars are already fading and barely noticeable.
I was NHS, but would definitely say you're in safe hands with him.
xXx

PS. Don't think about the lack of carpet - think about how unhygienic it is to have carpet in a hospital!

i went to a private hospital for mine and was nice but like all hospitals it has to be minimal and no surface than can hold dirt xxxxx

Hi Louanne. I hope I have done this right! How did you find Telford hospital? When I went for pre op, they just handed me a booklet to read. The diabetic nurse was called but she didn't know what to do with patients who were on insulin. I am really worried about op. My life is in their hands. I am due for op on 12/09/11. I feel like backing out! I am not atall happy. I can't still take insulin because I can't eat if I have a hypo! I am really confused. Have you had support from Telford if you have had a problem? Please help. Thanks

Hi Sweetheart. Don't worry, I am having my op on the same day as you and am also on insulin. Basically what I am going to do is to take my last rapid insulin (humalog) with my last evening meal on Sunday and omit my long lasting (lantus) on Sunday so that it is all out of my system well before the op on Monday morning. I am planning on not taking any further insulin but will continue to test until such time as I am back to eating say puree foods and if I need some insulin I will take it then but I am not planning on taking it ever again if I can help it.

If you are not taking any insulin there is no way you should go hypo so relax and don't worry. I have been advised that I am allowed a sweetened drink on the morning of the op should I need it because blood sugars are low and that my blood will be tested on arrival at the hospital and they will take over from there.

This is more or less what happened when I went in last time. I fasted and took no insulin until the op and then when I was on a drip it contained sugar and they tested every hour and injected insulin as necessary. However that was for a gastric band and that doesn't have an immediate effect on diabetes the way that the gastric bypass does. I am confident that I will no longer be diabetic pretty soon after the op.

Don't worry, they know exactly what they are doing and they are really well trained to take care of diabetes. Relax and put yourself safely in their hands. You will be fine.

Will be thinking about you on monday when I go for my op and hope you are doing well. Don't give up this once in a lifetime opportunity when you are so close. I am sure you will be absolutely fine :)

Trust me, I have been there and experienced it first hand and although my blood glucose readings were a little high while I was in there it is better to be a little high than low :D

Hi there! I have type 1 diabetes, and I am hoping to have a sleeve in October. When I discussed care with the team (I am going private) their plan was still to liaise with my existing diabetic team, especially for advice once I am out of hospital.

My understanding is that the surgical/anaesthetic team will look after insulin and/or glucose requirements on the day of the op, by testing regularly, drip if need be.

The team also explained that sugars running a bit high for a few days is ok, till things settle . . .and you get used to new ratios etc.

I hope you get on okay. Not long to go now. x

I was told you will always be diabetic just not need medication in most cases.No one is cured of being diabetic,it just regulates your insulin levels.

Hi Sweetheart. Don't worry, I am having my op on the same day as you and am also on insulin. Basically what I am going to do is to take my last rapid insulin (humalog) with my last evening meal on Sunday and omit my long lasting (lantus) on Sunday so that it is all out of my system well before the op on Monday morning. I am planning on not taking any further insulin but will continue to test until such time as I am back to eating say puree foods and if I need some insulin I will take it then but I am not planning on taking it ever again if I can help it.

If you are not taking any insulin there is no way you should go hypo so relax and don't worry. I have been advised that I am allowed a sweetened drink on the morning of the op should I need it because blood sugars are low and that my blood will be tested on arrival at the hospital and they will take over from there.

This is more or less what happened when I went in last time. I fasted and took no insulin until the op and then when I was on a drip it contained sugar and they tested every hour and injected insulin as necessary. However that was for a gastric band and that doesn't have an immediate effect on diabetes the way that the gastric bypass does. I am confident that I will no longer be diabetic pretty soon after the op.

Don't worry, they know exactly what they are doing and they are really well trained to take care of diabetes. Relax and put yourself safely in their hands. You will be fine.

Will be thinking about you on monday when I go for my op and hope you are doing well. Don't give up this once in a lifetime opportunity when you are so close. I am sure you will be absolutely fine :)

Trust me, I have been there and experienced it first hand and although my blood glucose readings were a little high while I was in there it is better to be a little high than low :D
good luck for today xxxxx

Hi Louanne. I hope I have done this right! How did you find Telford hospital? When I went for pre op, they just handed me a booklet to read. The diabetic nurse was called but she didn't know what to do with patients who were on insulin. I am really worried about op. My life is in their hands. I am due for op on 12/09/11. I feel like backing out! I am not atall happy. I can't still take insulin because I can't eat if I have a hypo! I am really confused. Have you had support from Telford if you have had a problem? Please help. Thanks
good luck for today xxxxxxxxx

Hi. Thank you for your support.

Has anyone been operated on by Mr Sigurdsson? I went to Telford hospital for pre op last week. I have had to pay for op so I will naturally be on the private ward. However, when I went into one of the rooms, I was surprised. No frills, no carpet like Dolan Pk! Basically it was just an NHS hopsital with a private ward. It looked really depressing.I ended up in tears. This is such a drstic op. I am so worried. I have paid now so no backing out. I so want to get rid of diabetes.The staff were great though. I don't need carpet etc as long as the surgeon knows what he is doing.Just wondered what your experience was if he was your surgeon.

My name is Khurshid. I had my bypass op. by Dr Sigurdsson at Princess Royal last Wednesday, 7th September. I was home the next day(Thursday). Be assured you cannot hope for a better surgeon. Dr Sigurdsson is just great and he has a wonderful team of professionals who will look after you. Both the medical and nursing staff are absolutely marvellous. Don't worry you won't notice a thing and it will be over in no time. Good luck.

Back