• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MRSA

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
What happens if you're found to have MRSA at ur pre-op assessment?

I just wondered if ur op is delayed, or if ur treated or just isolated?

I was a nurse up until last year, but not a surgical nurse so dont know the procedure, and im worried i might have it because of the amount of times ive been exposed to it.

I got an MRSA swab done at my GP's yesterday and they can tell me next Monday (5 days before my surgery date) if it comes up positive so that would give me advance notice of needing to get my surgery delayed...I was told it takes 5 days to grow the cultures for MRSA swabs (assume this is true) so not sure that an MRSA swab on the day of surgery would be any good as you wouldn't know till after?!?

Waiting to hear if anyone else has any info on this

Hi, I had this test done last friday at my pre-op.

The nurse said that if the test was positive that it wouldnt be a problem...They give you a type of bodywash to use for 5 full days before you have the op.

She said if it was positive that they would write and you get the prescription from your gp.

Hope this helps. x x

you also get a cream to put up your nose ...I looked at the nurse like she was joking but she wasnt!!

most op providors test for this anyway, if your positive they give you cream to put up the nose a few days b4 the op, they also provided me with hibiscrub to wash in 1 week b4 my op.

Thanks everyone. Just 1 day til assessment!!

good luck with it, hope all goes well.

liz x

Just a quick note, been for pre op assessment this afternoon had MRSA swabs done, i have been told if they come back positive the op will be defferred until i have 3 clear swab screens.. Also no nose cream or body wash given... just thought it would help anyone worrying about mrsa swabbing at St Richards Chichester, this there standard but was told it's different procedures all over the country. xxx

Just a quick note, been for pre op assessment this afternoon had MRSA swabs done, i have been told if they come back positive the op will be defferred until i have 3 clear swab screens.. Also no nose cream or body wash given... just thought it would help anyone worrying about mrsa swabbing at St Richards Chichester, this there standard but was told it's different procedures all over the country. xxx

Oh, they told me that they would treat it with some body wash, and that it wouldnt be a problem.

at salford royal wen i had my pre-op last week i was told if posative it was not a problem i would get the nose cream and body was too

Back