• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre opp assessment

leedsjeff

Hi had my Pre opp assessment this morning at spire Leeds all went well, I got greeted by a Gardner on way in “good morning how are you”

Then went for ECG
Got greeted with “good morning”

Then went to see Pre assessment nurse didn’t get a “good morning” and found her to be quite abrupt, wasn’t given a chance to ask any questions, was just told what will happen. Felt a bit rushed and if I were a bit insecure she could have put me off

Had bloods done and mrsa swabs then given hibby scrub to shower with night before and morning of admittance or if I have mrsa they will ring and I have to use every day but opp won’t be cancelled.

Glad all went well. She was probably having an off day. Good job you are on this site so you can ask anyone on here the questions you weren't able to ask her.

Hi had my Pre opp assessment this morning at spire Leeds all went well, I got greeted by a Gardner on way in “good morning how are you”

Then went for ECG
Got greeted with “good morning”

Then went to see Pre assessment nurse didn’t get a “good morning” and found her to be quite abrupt, wasn’t given a chance to ask any questions, was just told what will happen. Felt a bit rushed and if I were a bit insecure she could have put me off

Had bloods done and mrsa swabs then given hibby scrub to shower with night before and morning of admittance or if I have mrsa they will ring and I have to use every day but opp won’t be cancelled.

something for me to look forward to then bud lol!!

some ppl do tend to forget their manners, they may not have any or having a bad day .............but dont let that put you off - all the best xx

probably pmt !! lol xxx

She praps didnt get any last night lol. I am off for my pre op assesment on monday Jeff, did they swab you or did you do it yourself, my sister seems to think they give you the swabs and ask you to do it yourself but i want to double check on that. When is your operation and when do you have to start your pre op diet? Sorry for all the questions Jeff, glad your appointment went well apart from the rude nurse. X

hi my claire36uk bypass is on 24th aug at spire leeds
the swabs were done by her first she pushed first one up nose made my eyes water lol, then drop trousesad told to pull boxers toone side sos he could swab groin (the crease at side of bits that made me eyes water to he he

Thanks for that Jeff, think i best blow my nose before i go in their then lol, What pre op diet are you doing Jeff?

jeff will be doing a low calorie/fat/low well just about everything diet like me, i'm in the Spire the day after him,

Breakfast

small bowl cereal and ss milk
or
1 slice toast with thin scrape of low fat spread
or
1 low fat/low sugar yoghurt

Mid Morning

1 piece of fruit

Lunchtime

Salad with 2 tsp low fat dressing
2oz lean meat/chicken/fish/egg/half fat cheese
1 slice of bread or 2 crispbreads or 2-3 new potatoes

Mid Afternoon

1 piece of fruit

Tea Time

2oz lean meat/chicken/fish/egg/quorn or tofu
salad or veggies (no added fat)
2 tablespoons pasta or rice, small baked potatoe or 2-3 new potatoes

Daily fluid allowance

1/3 pint ss milk for tea/coffee
low calorie/sugar free squash and diet pop and water allowed freely
but limit fresh juice to one small glass a day

They dont realise what effect they have on you when there off like that , to them its same old same day in day out to you its a one off somthing special that needs at least some manners involved , silly bag! lol hope all goes well and u dont see her mush (face) or swabs again x

Ohhhhhh Yes dont forget to check to see if there is any bears in the cave. (check ones nostrils) I dreaded the nostril one cause I didnt check but any way I was o.k L.O.L :D
Thanks for that Jeff, think i best blow my nose before i go in their then lol, What pre op diet are you doing Jeff?

Back