• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mush stage???

kellsbells

It's guys just started mush stage how are you supposed to chew mush for 20 seconds I'm just having a weetabix all soggy and I'm literally getting ten chews at most and swirling it round a bit :-/ I'm waiting 29 seconds before having
My next bit though xxx

I dont think you have to worry about it down to the second :) If it feels well chewed to you then that is enough. I honestly do not remember doing any counting at any stage and I made it through mushies with no issues at all. Relax its fine.

Bella'sBand said:
I dont think you have to worry about it down to the second :) If it feels well chewed to you then that is enough. I honestly do not remember doing any counting at any stage and I made it through mushies with no issues at all. Relax its fine.

Thanks hun its quite scary going onto mush ha ha bu I suppose it's just about being sensible thanks again xx

Hey its fine to feel sensible about it. They after all do give you guidelines for a reason. It is a little scary after liquids but if its going down OK and you feel OK then its all OK. You know your own body better than any doctor or dietician. Just trust your instincts and you cannot go far wrong. If it works for you, it works for you :)

I was like this counting the seconds and the chewing etc, in fear of not chewing enough etc. Even now over 2 years out I still eat with a teaspoon ( helps me maintain the amount I put in my mouth at any one time) You will gain confidence the longer your banded , I dont count the seconds or chewing times now I listen to how my band responds and it lets me know when chow down time is up - hth BD xx

I didn't "chew" for the 30 secs during the mash stage, but did wait for the rest of the time and the 30 seconds until my next mouthful, the timing is quite hard to work with on this stage because the food tends to go down quite easily I found. Even now on "normal" foods, because I still do not have restriction from my band (only time I know it is there is if I eat too quickly) it can be quite hard to resist not to keep eating after each spoon, although I am getting better lol

top_kat said:
I didn't "chew" for the 30 secs during the mash stage, but did wait for the rest of the time and the 30 seconds until my next mouthful, the timing is quite hard to work with on this stage because the food tends to go down quite easily I found. Even now on "normal" foods, because I still do not have restriction from my band (only time I know it is there is if I eat too quickly) it can be quite hard to resist not to keep eating after each spoon, although I am getting better lol

Your doing amazing hun xxx

Bd you are spot on. Time does bring a knowledge and confidence around how to use our tool. I in all honesty do not stick to the chew / wait guidelines 100%, having said that I do eat far more slowly than I used to do preband and also eat much smaller mouthfuls and do chew more. Particularly when I am at work I bring out my hello kitty kids cutlery as I used to get distracted, eat too large a mouthful without thinking ... And I would get caught out :8855:

Back