• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquids Stage - how did you get your 1.5 - 2 litres down?

I had by my sleeve done on the 13th of May. I started my weight loss journey in January and in total lost 4 1/2 stone, that includes post op loss. Things were really hard at first and I have made a couple of small mistakes since having the operation (eating to much etc) but for the most part things have gone smoothly! What about yourself?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Wow 4 1/2 stone that's great!!! Well done! Today was the first day since the op that I feel normal ish. I'm scared to even eat soup but my head is telling me I'm hungry, it's all odd at the mo. I'm 1lb off from a stone loss since 13th May so I'm happy :) x

Wow 4 1/2 stone that's great!!! Well done! Today was the first day since the op that I feel normal ish. I'm scared to even eat soup but my head is telling me I'm hungry, it's all odd at the mo. I'm 1lb off from a stone loss since 13th May so I'm happy :) x

Thanks I'm pretty happy about it, today was the first time in about two years I walked into a shop and bought some clothes of the peg, it was such a nice feeling. It does get easier I'm about two and a half weeks post op now and I feel better daily. But I felt crap the first week or so and really sore. What I was advised to do was to get an idea of portions make up a purée recipe and freeze it in a ice cube tray and start with one ice cube every meal time and increase it when you feel ready. I'm up to about three at the moment. Well done on your weight loss too sounds like your going well :)

Thanks I'm pretty happy about it, today was the first time in about two years I walked into a shop and bought some clothes of the peg, it was such a nice feeling. It does get easier I'm about two and a half weeks post op now and I feel better daily. But I felt crap the first week or so and really sore. What I was advised to do was to get an idea of portions make up a purée recipe and freeze it in a ice cube tray and start with one ice cube every meal time and increase it when you feel ready. I'm up to about three at the moment. Well done on your weight loss too sounds like your going well :)

Thank hun. The wind pain in my shoulders last night was awful :( do you know how long it can go on for? x

Thank hun. The wind pain in my shoulders last night was awful :( do you know how long it can go on for? x

Sorry to hear that hun I bet it hurts like hell. The timeframe differs from person to person, I was fairly lucky and didn't get that. But I have heard that it can happen for any procedure that blows you up with air. I was off colour in general for a week or so with all the air and scar tissue etc. All I did was try to eat, drink and walk as much as I could without pushing myself, so the body can function as normal as possible. After I ate I walked for about ten minuets to help get the air out as helping to digest my meal. If you can't get any relief speak to dietician or GP. Normally things like windcheaters and deflatine help also lansoprazol. I tried to get to gym ASAP just to do light cardio even if it was only for 20 min. Moving as much as possible does help.

Sorry to hear that hun I bet it hurts like hell. The timeframe differs from person to person, I was fairly lucky and didn't get that. But I have heard that it can happen for any procedure that blows you up with air. I was off colour in general for a week or so with all the air and scar tissue etc. All I did was try to eat, drink and walk as much as I could without pushing myself, so the body can function as normal as possible. After I ate I walked for about ten minuets to help get the air out as helping to digest my meal. If you can't get any relief speak to dietician or GP. Normally things like windcheaters and deflatine help also lansoprazol. I tried to get to gym ASAP just to do light cardio even if it was only for 20 min. Moving as much as possible does help.

I don't get the pain during the day, only the night - must be because I'm not moving about much during the night then. Hopefully it'll be gone soon. I take lansoprazol every morning and burping like mad lol x

Lmao, that's good better out than in lol, that's one thing I haven't really done since the op is burp weird eh lol, How long have you got left on liquid phase of the diet?

Lmao, that's good better out than in lol, that's one thing I haven't really done since the op is burp weird eh lol, How long have you got left on liquid phase of the diet?

Lol that's what I say! Really no way, I thought the burping was a sure thing! Oh my god I've got ages left, 3 weeks :( Are you on the purée phase? x

Lol that's what I say! Really no way, I thought the burping was a sure thing! Oh my god I've got ages left, 3 weeks :( Are you on the purée phase? x

I wish I could it would help loads. Oh dear what a bummer I bet that is hard? Yeah have been for two weeks now I was only on liquid for two days the surgeon wanted me eating ASAP. Even if it was just one or two teaspoon full's at each meal time. The Ice cube trick works really well when you get to the purée stage to help you starting to eat

I wish I could it would help loads. Oh dear what a bummer I bet that is hard? Yeah have been for two weeks now I was only on liquid for two days the surgeon wanted me eating ASAP. Even if it was just one or two teaspoon full's at each meal time. The Ice cube trick works really well when you get to the purée stage to help you starting to eat

Fed up of soup already lol. Definitely going to try the ice cubes when I'm on purée - great tip thanks :) x

Fed up of soup already lol. Definitely going to try the ice cubes when I'm on purée - great tip thanks :) x

Yeah no problem glad to help. I'm really surprised that still on the the liquid phase. Where did you get your op done

Yeah no problem glad to help. I'm really surprised that still on the the liquid phase. Where did you get your op done

I got my op done privately in an NHS hospital - Luton & Dunstable. I do think it is a bit weird that the dietary advice can differ so drastically with different providers. Where did you get yours done? x

I got my op done privately in an NHS hospital - Luton & Dunstable. I do think it is a bit weird that the dietary advice can differ so drastically with different providers. Where did you get yours done? x

I got mine done on the NHS at Darlington. There is also there is a small Bariatric team based there. It does raise questions if there is right and wrong advice given because they differ so much. On your liquid phase are you allowed soups etc? I was given soup and jelly in hospital, but some of my purée meals that I have prepared, two of them are soups!

I got mine done on the NHS at Darlington. There is also there is a small Bariatric team based there. It does raise questions if there is right and wrong advice given because they differ so much. On your liquid phase are you allowed soups etc? I was given soup and jelly in hospital, but some of my purée meals that I have prepared, two of them are soups!

Hiya, yeah I'm allowed soup in the liquids phase. When I was in hospital I was only allowed clear liquids. x

Hi I'm 3 weeks post op and drinking is getting easier but still hard to get in what I need also can only eat few teaspoons of food and my tummy is still visibly swollen outside. I'm still on purée food in 1 week I am on soft and lumpy so hope I tolerate that stage ok ? It is so difficult to drink all the time without feeling to full so just sipping here and there.

Back