• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is tarka dhall any good after band?

los in it

been reading up on what to do after a band is done and I have seen some mentions of people having indian take-aways long after having the op. I was wondering during the first few weeks after the op and you move onto mushy food would tarka dhall be a good thing to have ? I love it and would be happy to have this but a non spicy version ,anyway I look forward to your thoughts

Not certain, but I know as a bypasser I found lentils much too heavy in the early days and couldn't manage them comfortably until I was on full solids.

you may find that lentils don't sit well, But another factor to consider is such foods have considerable fat and calorific content

thank you for such a swift response , I was thinking of it almost in a soup form not the normal "porridge "type you can sometimes get but at least I know now

He made tarka Dahl might be better x

thanks for that I thought the same I understand its good for protein and can be made a little thin so its almost soup like ,im just thinking ahead for when my time comes and I give myself many options during the soupy/mushy stage after the op

If your provider says lentils are ok, I would go for it! Got to try to find ways for the band to fit in with our lives. Not every restaurant or takeaway meal is fattening or unhealthy. I eat out ... Indians included. I can manage a small dhal but my favourite is one popodom with yoghurt dip followed by a starter size kebab or chicken tikka or side of sag paneer (spinach and cheese) with the side salad. Satisfies the taste buds without pushing the band ...happy days :)

Last edited:
Back