• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My 1st surgiversary! May 4th

Sar2567

Just wanted to update. Today is the first anniversary since my bypass. I started off at 17.5 stone and today I am 8.5 stone, BMI of 41 to 22. Size 22 to size 10. Time has passed so quickly and it has not been an easy ride but I am so much healthier and happy! Good luck everyone

Attachments

• image-2195924958.jpg
    image-2195924958.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 190
  • image-2285834345.jpg
    image-2285834345.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 213
I know you had the op to become healthier - has it improved your symptoms any? Is it better or worse than you expected?

I did have the op to help improve my mobility and try to keep me on my feet. Just like my bypass my other conditions will never leave me. However, I don't walk with a stick anymore, I have more better days than bad and I feel healthier for longer in between flare ups.
I have not managed to reduce any of my medication but I can deal with that.
Thank you for asking Lipi, you are inspirational!

You look great hun :) x

I did have the op to help improve my mobility and try to keep me on my feet. Just like my bypass my other conditions will never leave me. However, I don't walk with a stick anymore, I have more better days than bad and I feel healthier for longer in between flare ups.
I have not managed to reduce any of my medication but I can deal with that.
Thank you for asking Lipi, you are inspirational!
Thank you hon :) Has it changed the long term prognosis at all, or just delayed it? Sorry if I'm being nosy!

You look really amazing. 8st what a dream :D well done hun and Happy surgiversary

Ah, you look amazing. I truly hope the weight loss has eased your symptoms and that you can eventually cut down on medication. (I lived with chronic pain for 4 yrs until recent spinal surgery)
You must be very proud huni :)

Wanted to add something. Have had a really bad day today, in fact been feeling rough for a couple
Of weeks but finally did something today and called the dr. Hadn't realised that my bloods hadnt been tested for almost 5 months and was late having my b12 injections. Please please please don't let them slip. It wasnt until I spoke to my gp and he told me how pale I was looking and I spoke about how tired I had been that it sank in that I really needed to keep on top of everything and make sure my bloods are done regularly and on time!

So pleased that you know what it is but yes - we do need to be very self aware in terms of our health now.

Lipi, I think the best cure would be some of your delicious ice cream and cake! You can keep the marsallows!!!! Lol

I just showed my bf your pics n he said nah thats fake so clearly you must look too good to be true. I agree with him in so much as you look incredible (and he is a douche).

Was just asking you questions on another post! Thanks for the comments lousarah. We started off exactly the same 17.7 stone at 5'6, although I had the bypass and you the band. I can assure you it is all true. I never thought I would ever get to this weight or size, however, I can assure you I look much better with clothes on and was happy to today get my weight officially recorded at the gp In the hope that I might get a TT on the NHS in a year or there abouts as I paid for my surgery privately.

Huge congrats x

Back