• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my 2nd fill

thinkslim

hi all
i had my 2nd fill on mon and am still struggling to get a cup of tea down??
i tried some soup yesterday but gave up after 2 mouthfuls is this normal??

I think the answer to that is "no"

You should be able to swallow liquids with no problems after a fill. Its dangerous as you will not get the fluid intake you need. I would go back to your provider and ask for a small defill.

0.25cc can make all the difference.

Could you swallow water when you had it done?

i agree i think the band is way too tight which is dangerous as dehydration can take hold of you very quickly, i also advise a small de fill as you dont want to be ill over christmas, dont leave it to long as they may want to put you on a drip also to rehydrate you.

good luck

liz x

hi all
thanks for yr advice i am managing liquid now and yogurt, soup etc but no solid food?? going to ring nurse on monday for a small de-fill as have lost 10lb since monday!!

claire

although i know little about it as yet to have fills.

i have read of a lot of people that get this problem, its usually after there fill, you can handle the liquid but the next day you cant ,

and have read and been told its due to your stomach swelling around the band ,as its not supposed to be there really and most people persevere for a week and a bit and find that slowly they can start eating or drinking more as the swelling subsides so dont worry to much but if it carries on a de fill may be worth it. but a band effects people differently so go by how you feel xx

For 1st two weeks after a fill your only meant to have soup and liquids according to my wls providers. A small defill would prob be best to be on safe side tho. Take care R x

For 1st two weeks after a fill your only meant to have soup and liquids according to my wls providers. A small defill would prob be best to be on safe side tho. Take care R x

all providors are diff mine allows normal eating the day after the fill so you can tell what restriction level if any is there. if it aint gonna work in 1st 3 days the restriction isnt there.

And some people say a few days to not at all ,all down to providers i think lol ,but due to swelling soup and liquids in my opinion is good for a few days ,its better to be on the safe side

How you feeling now ?

I got my wires crossed. The dietician said on monday that it takes a week to go back to normal food after a fill. Dont kno where I got 2weeks from??? I do feel a little overloaded with info at the mo tho lol. Dont think I could go back to norm food within a week! Im a month post op and still cant handle norm foods yet. My body has healed real quick though. Its different for everyone I guess, cos everyone has their own needs after surgery. No 2 people will have exactly the same experience. Take care R x

Back