• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling rough after 2nd fill !!!

samvann

Six Month Post Op
hi all,

not posted for a while, but wondered if anyone can help.

i had my 2nd fill yesterday i now have 7ml in a 10ml band, tried a bit of soup last night and couldnt keep it down.

feel shocking this morning but have kept 2 mouthfuls of tea down.

am i supposed to feel like this cause i didnt after 1 st fill.

sam x

Hi Sam
I had my 2nd fill just over a week ago and I know where your coming from. From what I have read on here I was more prepared and so ready for some extra restriction and that is exactly what I have! I now have 8.8ml in my 14ml band and it did take a while for them to get it just right but I think the sweet spot is just about there. I'm with Heartlands in Brum and they recomend going back through the full stages after a fill ie. liquids for a week, then mushy for a week, crispy/crunchy, etc. It always amazes me at how different hospitals advise what we can and can't have to eat after a fill as some are only on liquids for a few days. But for me I am happy to stay on liquids for a while and not push things. I also seem better with hot drinks than cold.
Just keep sipping and take things slow. It will be soo worth it in the end

Ditto for me. 24 hours of getting things stuck and throwing up, straight back onto liquids for 5 days to the swelling had gone, then back onto food. I don't do the purée and mushy stage - too much like cat food for me!

Hey Sam

I have looked on here quite alot to see if you had posted to see how you were getting on. Think we had the band at the same time from memory (6th June)

Just wondered how you were getting on with it? I had 5ml in mine up until last week but ended up having .25 taken out because i couldnt eat anything apart from slider food which i didnt think was good for me. Im kind of stuck at the moment tho because i now feel i am maybe eating too much. I find it really hard to know which way is best :(

I have spoken to them this morning and waiting for the to advise me. I have pretty good restriction sometimes but at other times i can eat quite alot no problem !

Weight loss is at a standstill and has been for a few weeks now which i find disheartening if im honest :(

How are you getting on ?

Mandie x

hi mandie,

not been on for a while work issues ect, but im same as you my weight loss came to a standstill for few week before first fill and before 2nd, it really got me down but extra determination and its coming off again.

after first fill i had some restriction but that didnt last long i had 4.25ml first, been waiting weeks for the 2nd had it yesterday and felt proper rubbish since,but definatly feeling restriction now at 7ml since posted this morning had some weetabix and kept it down and felt full which makes a change.

to be honest i eat more a less what i want to eat but obviously less doing well i think 4lb off 3 stone in 16 week anyway hope you well,

sam x

hi sair h
i start out going to heartlands mr super for past year
when applied for funding was refused
what did you think of heartslands
i am going private with mr super 4th oct 12
good luck

kay xx

Hi Kay
Mr Super really knows his stuff especially when it comes to banding and the Heartlands Team are all fab. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the funding and the main reason that I got mine was because I was Type 2 diabetic which had gone within a week of my op :D I had my band on the 22nd of March this year and am now 8 stone down so happy days! Good Luck with your journey and rest assured that you are in safe hands x

Well done sair...what a fantastic loss in 6-7 months.

Hi Sam, don't rush it, I've been on liquids before for a week/ten days so maybe youre trying textures too soon. It's easy to irritate it post fill so if it was me I'd keep strictly to liquids until the weekend as a minimum now n the try again.having not kept stuff down will already have aggravated it which then means it takes longer to settle! Especially now you have a good sized fill in you!!! X

Sam, a 2.75 mil fill is quite a big jump, in a 10 mil band. Take it slow, and try to keep those liquids down, sipping little and frequently. If you are still struggling in a couple of days call your team, unless they said for you to call them sooner, or you start struggling to keep anything down at all x

Back