• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My 8 week gym review

top_kat

I've got my 8 week gym review today . . .so will be interesting to see how much I've lost in inches both through the weight loss in general and using the gym. I know that in that time I've lost about 26lbs or so, and I know I've lost inches cos my gym clothes are really loose.

Fingers crossed :)

Even tho I know I've lost and am smaller, I still hate the feeling of someone else weighing and measuring me :(

Looking forward to reading your results. I can cope with being weighed now, and can even say my weight out loud but cannot imagine letting anyone near me with a tape measure! well done for that alone !

Well. I'm home.

The lady doing my review is a mum of one of the kids my son goes to school with so I felt comfortable in some ways cos I know her, but then embarrassed in others cos OMG she was gonna see how much I weigh and measure.

She weighed me and then said "Ooh you've lost 10lbs" and I said to her "No I've lost 24lbs ~ you haven't taken off the extra stone" we both roared with laughter.

Then the measurements. My resting heartrate was 91 8 weeks ago. Today it was 66.

I've lost 15inches in total, an inch of each upper arm, 3/4 inch of each thigh - but she told me not to expect to lose a a great deal more from there cos . ."You have great legs" she said. Then I'd lost 3 inches, 2 inches and 4 inches (a couple of these had 1/4 inches too but can't remember which lol) but off my highest waist measurement, widest waist measurement and my hips.

She was really pleased and said she was excited to do my review cos of the results. I sat there and just thought. . . "hmmmm" it is hard on one hand Im REALLY pleased with where I am right now, the changes and how I feel, but there's just that little old voice in the head which says "its not enough".

That is the little voice I find the hardest to deal with on this journey, that if I lose 4lbs, its not enough, that I've lost 15 inches and wanted it to be more. Hard thoughts to break . . .but I am pleased and it did go well. I'm down nearly 4 dress sizes and 60lbs in total . .but that little voice is always there.

Back