• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My aim for after surgery - what's yours?

I was thinking about what I really want to do when I'm down to a reasonable weight and improved fitness. There are loads of things I'm looking forward to doing again, but I think my numeron uno is being able to dance again. I used to salsa like a demon and it would be nice to think that I could get my fitness to a point where I could burn up the dancefloor once again.

:0chacha:

What do you want to do? xx

I'd love to just be able to walk a little bit again! I've been in a wheelchair now for years, due to a combination of arthritis, strokes and generally being fat! I'm hoping the weight loss will enable me to walk more than a few steps...of course running round would be nice too! x

I'd love to just be able to walk a little bit again! I've been in a wheelchair now for years, due to a combination of arthritis, strokes and generally being fat! I'm hoping the weight loss will enable me to walk more than a few steps...of course running round would be nice too! x
I know how you feel hun, I have a bad back (broke my spine when I was a teenager, so I condider myself lucky) also have arthritis and bad knees and other joints - but I'm determined to dance again! xx

Being slim and fitter is a bonus, but my main motivation was my Health. :)

Being slim and fitter is a bonus, but my main motivation was my Health. :)
I'm with you there Kim! I long to throw away my blood pressure meds and get my heart problems under control again. Heart attacks are rife in my family, plus type 2 diabetes. My darling mum's life was cut short because of her weight which hindered her treatment for cancer.

I want grandchildren and I want to see them grow up! xx

Though surgery is a long way off for me I want my diabetes to go, to throw away my lipid and blood pressure meds and to be able to run the Run for Life in memory of my mum and dad.
And of course, to shop in any high street store!
xx

Last edited:
I just want to live and enjoy a fitter life with my children and my beautiful grandson!

I intend to swim, run and play with them..

Shopping is a bonus :)

Mine is to be able to do the things I haven't been able to do with my son for the first 6 years of his life due to ill health which the weight hasn't helped, or because of the embarrasment due to the weight ( I feel like a bad mum because I let this stop me doing things with him):cry:

As I said to the bariatric nurse at the hospital on Friday I want to be able to do all the cleaning on my own without asking for help. As my son says its always clean clean clean.

I want to compete at sport and not be the worst!

I want to run the race for life in June this year. I have started training and collected lots of sponsor money, but I want to be able to run the entire length of the race without having to walk any of it.

where do i start, i suppose walking has to be the top of the list, i have lost so much of my independence since putting on my weight. To be able to walk my dogs and walk back and forth from work without relying on taxis.
Then obviously "the clothes" oh god the clothes, i can't wait to wear something i like, rather than something i can fit into. I'm a size 36 and as you can imagine the choice is very limited and not to mention costly x

I'd also like to run the race for life for my mum and dad.

I'd love to learn to dance and go to a nightclub and just let myself go. I've never had the confidence to do that and just stand in the corner.

Clothes: I'm 36 years old and a size 28 and I don't feel like I've ever developed my own sense of style. I've just worn whatever would cover me up.
If I can lose the weight I'd like to make an appointment with a personal shopper in one of the big department stores and pick out a new wardrobe, then get a makeover and an expensive haircut.

I want to be around as long as possible for my sons, both are autistic and I worry myself stupid about wether I will have enough time to get them prepared for life as adults.
On a lighter note, I definately agree about the dancing...at my heaviest I tried to dance about at home and was horrified when I just couldn't move properly, the nicest would be to get married to my lovely Dean in a dream dress and feel like a princess for a day. (at least once!!)
Swim, learn to drive and maybe actually be my own boss doing something I enjoy art related or go into helping others lose weight...be a personal trainer or something.

Last edited:
Back