• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my brekkie update

Raynebubble

On Monday and Wednesay betwen 3ish and 5ish for about and hour or so i had a time where i was so cold, blanket over me and sat by the radiator and i just couldnt get warm, then it would pass.. i was gting palpertations aswell...so i lef a message with the hospital.

Update: ive just had the hospital call me to find out what i have done differently for the last two days... and as soon as i said i had crackerbread for brekkie yesterday and and for lunch the day before.... i had a stern telling off and that i am in no curcumstanses allowed to have these until the soft food stage.. so here goes..back to my munch bunch fromais frais again for brekkie. She seems to think that my slump is actualy dumping as im getting very cold, feeling unwell and having palpertation. oh well lets hope today is better x
I was under the impression that you would be in pain when dumping, but she has said that isnt always the case. xx

Last edited:
I don't get any pain when dumping.
I just a general feeling of being unwell and my heart races, at other times its as if the world has slowed down (a very strange sensation I can tell you)

I don't normally get pain when dumping apart from yesterday and boy it hurt, I thought I was having an heart attack!

Gastric dumping syndrome, or rapid gastric emptying is a condition where ingested foods bypass the stomach too rapidly and enter the small intestine largely undigested. It happens when the upper end of the small intestine, the duodenum, expands too quickly due to the presence of hyperosmolar (substances with increased osmolarity) food from the stomach. "Early" dumping begins concurrently or immediately succeeding a meal. Symptoms of early dumping include nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness and fatigue. "Late" dumping happens 1 to 3 hours after eating. Symptoms of late dumping include weakness, sweating, and dizziness. Many people have both types. The syndrome is most often associated with gastric surgery.
It is speculated that "early" dumping is associated with difficulty digesting fats while "late" dumping is associated with carbohydrates.[citation needed]
Rapid loading of the small intestine with hypertonic stomach contents can lead to rapid entry of water into the intestinal lumen. Osmotic diarrhea, distension of the small bowel (leading to crampy abdominal pain), and hypovolemia can result.
In addition, people with this syndrome often suffer from low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, because the rapid "dumping" of food triggers the pancreas to release excessive amounts of insulin into the bloodstream. This type of hypoglycemia is referred to as "alimentary hypoglycemia".

Copied from Wikipedia.

Hi update again... ben a bit poorly today with the shivers and shaking and being very cold... been to or local walk in docs tonigh at it appears i have at might be a cold coming or a virus, but they found nothing bad so im ok now.xx also i spoke to hospital again and consultant thinks the shivers could be due to my body getting used to the op...but she made it clear today i wasnt dumping x

Back