• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my date is approaching

sodababe

i have a date of the 25th April and i cant wait.

but for going private things seem very lax compared to what am reading. rang my patients care co-ordinator this week as i hadn't heard from anyone. not even the dietician. i read my handbook and it said to start the milk and yogurt diet 7-14 days in advance.
she told me i only needed to do 7 days prior and 14 days low fat. um i had been been caning it a bit to say farewell to my old life. oops.
dietician is due to ring me Monday, 9 days before my op. seems very higgle de piggle de to me. but saying that i like to be organised and know what's what and don't like working in the dark so to speak.
so to be on the safe side i started my milk n yogurt diet yesterday as i so want the op to go ahead

Not long until your date sodababe :talk017:

Are you excited or nervous? :)

i am unbelievably excited. the focus of what my life will be like after looking my excess weight is what keeps me going.

i completely despise i can do water slides with my daughter or fun fares as i feel uncomfortable.

Glad you are excited! Good luck hun :)

well day 3 and i have kept myself so busy i haven't drank enough water, so there i am heading up the stairs to watch tele laden with my yogurt, milkshake, bovril and a big bottle of still flavoured water

Bless ya, good to keep busy as well though!! :)

Hi just had my lunch time rhubarb muller light too..
Mine was a chicken sandwich..lol
Just got some Beef Consomme for tonight for a change instead of coffee and juice.

8 days to go 23rd April....:talk017:

what is beef consumme?

what date us your op and where is your surgery? are you having a band?

am now on day 5 and have survived my first ever weekend with sticking to the diet religiously. i suppose its cause i know what's coming is so worth while.

i just miss proper food. even a lettuce leaf sounds good at the moment. heck i sound such a whinger.

Hi Sodababe,

Beef Consommé is like watered down marmite or OXO. Its clear beef soup Tinned by Baxters Soup. 30 cals per half tin.
Not very nice but it says on my Milk diet sheet I can have free sugar free juice, water, tea, coffee and Consommé.
I had half a tin and drank about 2/3 of that.
I am having my Roux en Y Gastric Bypass on the 23rd April In the North Staffs Teaching Hospital by Mr Cheruvu

One week done on the milk diet one too go..
Lost 2st 7lbs another 9st 11lbs too go.

Your ops on the 25th isn't it.!
Where is it going to be?
What are you having done?
How much do you want to lose?

Jane

Last edited:
am having a gastric band at dollan park with Mr sigurdson. 25the April. time is not going quick enough for me now

Yes I know what you mean.

Would go into tomorrow if they asked.

Back