• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet makes me think

Mechlsd

I started my Pre-op milk and yogurt diet on Sunday 10/06/12. My op date is the 20th

5 Days in and i have lost 13lbs. My god 13lbs!!! So this got me thinking, why can't i ditch the op and use this to diet.

I was thinking..

5 days milk yogurt.
Rest of month do a maintain diet.

Just wondered what people think.

Mech

I've had exactly the same thought BUT I know how many diets I've done over the years and had an amazing first few weeks on some but it never lasts - I need something permanent.

Everyone is different - maybe you could do it? x

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind also, but alas, I know deep down that I would wander off once I got bored then put more weight on than when I started!
If I was a successful dieter I'd never would had needed to sign up for WLS in the first place! :p
More power to you if you think you could do this :)

I have thought the same, It has taken effort for me to maintain the loss and keep losing after coming off the milk, I am now back on the pre op milk and its not as quick this time, 5 days and lost 7lbs not the massive amount lost first time around!!

I think it would be unhealthy and dangerous to do the milk diet long term. Plus if you only do it for 5/7 days, on your two days off your going to fill your liver with glycogen and be back to square one. All vlcd diets are short term, and are not sustainable for long periods of time.

I started my Pre-op milk and yogurt diet on Sunday 10/06/12. My op date is the 20th

5 Days in and i have lost 13lbs. My god 13lbs!!! So this got me thinking, why can't i ditch the op and use this to diet.

I was thinking..

5 days milk yogurt.
Rest of month do a maintain diet.

Just wondered what people think.

Mech

That's a fantastic result. I think you should give the milk diet a bit longer! It seems to suit you and even if the rate of loss slows down soon it should still be pretty rewarding.

You could, at a later stage, move-on to a VLCD for some or all of your daily diet 'meals'. That way you'd get optimum nutrition for the least (healthy) calories!

Good luck x

Back