• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve My first 100km ride of the year

Mixman

Because I hadn't done anything this week apart from work and much needed family time/work, I planned on doing a long ride today, exactly 100km. Woke up to find it raining! So, undeterred I got wrapped up and set off. I got roughly half way where there is a long steady climp up-hill to Fridaythorpe. Well it got colder and colder and the rain turned to snow. I was absolutely perished. My fingers and feet were so so cold. I dropped down into Pocklington and found a bus shelter where I stopped for a bit and tried to warm my fingers up and have a bite to eat. I could hardly get my gloves back on and I was feeling very very down. I even contemplated ringing a relative up to come and take me back home. But I dug deep and slogged on. When I got closer to home the snow turned back to rain and got a little warmer. Thank goodness. Felt OK after a hot bath but I was very very close to quitting!

Had to cycle round the block to make up the exact 100km. 62.13 miles. Now I'm shopping for warmer gloves and waterproof overshoes.

Well done Mixxy - your determination is admirable and inspirational. I hope I can achieve as much after WLS.
xXx

Mixxy, that is a brilliant achievement, all that cold weather would have put me off, I love cycling but have to admit I'm the fair weather variety.

i feel knackered just reading your post!! Fair play to you, cycling all that way to start off with but in the snow?!

Your dedication is certainly admirable :D

Glad you invested in waterproofs, we live in England so youre bound to use them soon!

x

Wow Mixxy, you are a very determind bloke!! I admire you greatly and you should be really proud of yourself :D Well done! XX

Good for you, and a massive well done you for not giving up. What a man you are, i would have gave up as soon as i saw the rain. Well done you xxx

I really hope that i can find something that i'm passionate about when i get fitter and healthier. It seems to be such a pleasure for you....( weather conditions permitting)x

Omg Mixxy Im worn out and froze to the bome reading your post,well done you and sod the expense its an investment in your health!Maz x

Back