• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My goodness...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...I have just gotten back from Asda, where I tried on a dress whilst I was there (Tracey Eyore...snap honey hehe) and took in a 14. I have a size 14 dress already but I took it that it was a fluke, so I expected it to either fit ok or be a little tight...nopes!!! I had to shout hubby and ask him to get me a size 12!!! I didnt expect that it would fit, not sure why I even bothered to try it, but Im sure glad that I did...it fit!!! It didnt just fit, it fit nicely!!! Now I know that I can not be considered a size 12, not all 12's fit, hell, not all 14's do, I consider myself as a large 14-small 16 but to pull on a size 12 and have it fit, with room...well....thrilled doesnt do it justice!!!
I just thought that I would share my happiness.
I am going to try to upload the photo of me in it off of my mobile phone to show you, I didnt buy it but I was so tickled that I took a picture lol
Anyway, hope noone minds me gushing all over the place hehe
Steph xx

Here is the picture.
size12.jpg

Now I know that it doesnt look anything like small enough to be a 12 and it is a generous type of dress (though not stretchy material) but the fact that it was a 12 thrilled me.
Steph xx

Thats so great. You have done so well. Makes me soooo excited and encouraged for my own WLS.
x

Fantastic - what I would give to have a dress label that began with one - its posts like this that give inspiration when newly post op people like me are feeling a little frightened and wonder why we've done it.

Thanks guys xx
For those pre-op or newly post-op...it is SO SO SOOOOOO worth it all, if I would have known how far I would come when I was very newly post-op I would have never complained about any of it. It is worth every second of discomfort and worry xx
Steph xx

hahah steph ..............see we are shopping partner same store, same day just different ends of the country and i even tried that dress on today lol hhaahahahahah but of course quiet a few sizes larger than you xxx well done !!!!!!!!!! pleased for you wonderful news xxxx

Looking good honey...size 12!!! Get you! xx

Hehehe Tracey, that is so cool hehe
Scooby...good eh lol I was saying to hubby, if I still have 3st left to lose and Im already starting to push down to 12/14 what size will I end up as?! My goal dress size was 12/14, I always said that I would love a 12 but that I would be happy to end up as a 14, never EVER occurred to me that I could get smaller than a 14 to be honest, will have to re-evaluate that now. Hubby said that because Im teeny tiny (4ft 11") that I may well end up as a size 8/10. I NEVER wanted to be that size, seems too tiny but I am determined to hit 9st so I will take whatever size that gets me to.
This journey is a proper head trip lol
Thanks again guys xx
Steph xx

P.S Tracey...damn you being darn sarf, I need a shopping buddy lol

Oh, another cool thing...I am currently wearing size 14 knickers...how odd that is to me as I was still strapping myself into my size 24's up until last week hahahahaha
Steph xx

Ahh gush away - it's posts like this that make me feel much better - I'm 10 days post op and getting serious buyers remorse. But seeing you in that size 12 has made my day :clap:

You look fabulous Steph and it's very well deserved too. You always have words of wisdom and comfort for those of us struggling...

Enjoy the feeling that being so slim and svelte gives you xx

Lol congrats hun! What a fab feeling eh?! Hehe x

Oh, another cool thing...I am currently wearing size 14 knickers...how odd that is to me as I was still strapping myself into my size 24's up until last week hahahahaha
Steph xx

I've just gone into 12 knickers but have kept some of my old ones - it makes me laugh so much when I put them side by side - looks like mother and daughter knickers. Congrats on getting into a 12 - it feels fantastic especially when you have a couple more stone to lose.

Hahahahaha I know what you mean about the mother and daughter knickers lol
Steph xx

Lol they are the ones I have been used to, the ones that whole scout groups could pitch camp in hehe
Steph xx

Wow wow wow Steph size 12 is brilliant well done. So looking forward to going down in size and seeing nice small knicks on the line.

Back