• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

How excitinggg...once you have it booked you will be very excited and nervous at the same time...but i am so glad i done it babe, my life has completely changed and id never keep it off without my band..

Probs the frustration ov ur head telling u want to eat everything but realistically u cant lol..i order chicken wrap and cheesy chips and then have a small amount ov both so i waste alot of food and feed my family up eekkk

Also when u go for meals, u got be prepped for waiters to ask if everything is ok - as u leave so much...that annoys me a bit lol xxx

Ohhh and I miss eatting lots of lamb, can only manage a small amount but i loveeeeee it so much but never guna be able to manage large amounts..

Thats my honest feedback, hopefully that doesnt worry you - pros out do cons for me massively xxxx

Aww thats really reassuring thank you.
I've got my consultation tomorrow and I'm really excited to get a date in place. The website says I should have a week off work but I just have an office job where I am sat down all the time so not sure if that would be necessary or not? What did you do?
If I book a week off for recovery, I will end up getting on a plane and going to another country for the week, thats what I do whenever I am free of work haha.

I've heard that getting on a plane is uncomfortable with the band? Probably not as uncomfortable as having the seatbelt digging into my tummy but what was your experience? Have you flown since?

Aww thats really reassuring thank you.
I've got my consultation tomorrow and I'm really excited to get a date in place. The website says I should have a week off work but I just have an office job where I am sat down all the time so not sure if that would be necessary or not? What did you do?
If I book a week off for recovery, I will end up getting on a plane and going to another country for the week, thats what I do whenever I am free of work haha.

I've heard that getting on a plane is uncomfortable with the band? Probably not as uncomfortable as having the seatbelt digging into my tummy but what was your experience? Have you flown since?

Hey hun, how did you get on with your consultation?

I have an office job but I am extremely active in the office as I manage quite a big team so I actually had to have 2 weeks off. I found it uncomfy to wear a bra as well so I waited until I was 80% back to normal health before going in. Id say 1 week minimum, more if ur up n down like me.

I wudnt fly after ur op babe, as theres always a risk ov blood clots - i have flown and it didnt impact me at all but that was 8 months after surgery. U will be emotional and tired after your op so best to stay at home xxx i had to wear knee high stockings for 10 days and inject myself twice a day for 7 days after op xxx

Hey hun, how did you get on with your consultation?

I have an office job but I am extremely active in the office as I manage quite a big team so I actually had to have 2 weeks off. I found it uncomfy to wear a bra as well so I waited until I was 80% back to normal health before going in. Id say 1 week minimum, more if ur up n down like me.

I wudnt fly after ur op babe, as theres always a risk ov blood clots - i have flown and it didnt impact me at all but that was 8 months after surgery. U will be emotional and tired after your op so best to stay at home xxx i had to wear knee high stockings for 10 days and inject myself twice a day for 7 days after op xxx
Hiya
The consultation went great. The surgeon was lovely and the hospital itself is really nice so I’m really looking forward to it.
My surgery is booked for 16th July. I had my final meal today which was a Sunday roast with all the trimmings and I’ve bought my slimfast! How did you find the pre op diet? Xx

Hiya
The consultation went great. The surgeon was lovely and the hospital itself is really nice so I’m really looking forward to it.
My surgery is booked for 16th July. I had my final meal today which was a Sunday roast with all the trimmings and I’ve bought my slimfast! How did you find the pre op diet? Xx

Wow thats amazing, not long at all x

Yeah fine babe as i knew it was so important to stick to it - drink loads of water and keep busy!! My provider supplied my shakes but exactly the same as slim fast - just check ur allowed milk babe?

Excited for you xxx

Wow thats amazing, not long at all x

Yeah fine babe as i knew it was so important to stick to it - drink loads of water and keep busy!! My provider supplied my shakes but exactly the same as slim fast - just check ur allowed milk babe?

Excited for you xxx

Yeah, allowed skimmed milk only which is fine. I had my first banana shake this morning for breakfast and it was really nice so I think it should be okay. He said to curve the hunger pangs with low fat yogurts, no more than 75 calories per yogurt so Ive stocked up on those as he says I can have about 4-5 a day. Ill try and stick to no more than 3.

I need to get into the habit of drinking water because I always dehydrate myself and need to get my skin in good condition so I don't get too much saggy skin.
You've been such a massive help so far, great reassurance and advice so I'm going to keep popping up if thats okay? lol

Yeah, allowed skimmed milk only which is fine. I had my first banana shake this morning for breakfast and it was really nice so I think it should be okay. He said to curve the hunger pangs with low fat yogurts, no more than 75 calories per yogurt so Ive stocked up on those as he says I can have about 4-5 a day. Ill try and stick to no more than 3.

I need to get into the habit of drinking water because I always dehydrate myself and need to get my skin in good condition so I don't get too much saggy skin.
You've been such a massive help so far, great reassurance and advice so I'm going to keep popping up if thats okay? lol

Not long now babe and you will be banded eekk hope you're pre op diet has been going ok..of course hun - would love to hear from you and lemi know if you have any questions xxx

Few pics from the last two weeks x x

Attachments

• 20180714_190756.jpg
    20180714_190756.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180711_091437.jpg
    20180711_091437.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20180711_091254.jpg
    20180711_091254.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20180714-110231_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20180714-110231_Snapchat.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 19
You look amazing:) :0clapper: xx

Looking gorgeous babe, I like your hair colour.x

Will look forward to seeing them lovely xx. Have a fab time :)

You really are stunning ! You look amazing and I love your new hair colour. Enjoy Dublin xxx

Not long now babe and you will be banded eekk hope you're pre op diet has been going ok..of course hun - would love to hear from you and lemi know if you have any questions xxx

The last 2 weeks have honestly been absolutely fine. I hated my life for the first 2 days but after that it was surprisingly easy. It’s gone so quickly and I am literally just 2 sleeps from my band and I am so excited to just get it over and done with! I’ve lost 10lb since starting the pre op diet which is a nice bonus too!

The last 2 weeks have honestly been absolutely fine. I hated my life for the first 2 days but after that it was surprisingly easy. It’s gone so quickly and I am literally just 2 sleeps from my band and I am so excited to just get it over and done with! I’ve lost 10lb since starting the pre op diet which is a nice bonus too!

You have been a star xx

You look gorgeous, looks like you've lost loads of weight, well done. xx

Found these pics, at my biggest so crazy the difference...been a year since surgery, gone soooo quick!!

x x x

Attachments

• 20180720_160856.jpg
    20180720_160856.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20180720-160613_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180720-160613_Facebook.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20180720-160739_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180720-160739_Facebook.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Found these pics, at my biggest so crazy the difference...been a year since surgery, gone soooo quick!!

x x x
Wow, you look so different today. Well done you x

The difference is incredible gorgeous girlie xx

Back