• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

Bling Babe

:hugs::hugs:XX

x.Nicky.x

We are incredibly proud to introduce our son Reggie Richard Vincent Parry who was born at 23 weeks on the 8th of October, weighing 550g and went to heaven, on Thursday the 17th of October. We would like to tell you everything he has been through, what a fighter he has been and why we are so lucky to have had him for the 9 days and 22 hours of his life. After having pre cancerous cells removed, it unknowingly weakening my womb. When I went into labour on the Monday they said I was 4cm dilated and if I had him then (22weeks+6days) they would not try to keep him in this world. He held on, he clearly wanted to be here with his family and was born at 3:50pm in Broomfield on the Tuesday, kicking his legs around and showing so much strength. We were then all transferred to The Rosie, Addenbrooks hospital in Cambridge where we all stayed together the entire time and supported by the bestest nurses and consultants in the world. They said he may not make the hospital transfer journey, he may not make the first 72 hours, the first week but he proved them all wrong. He had a hole in his heart, he had two non life altering brain bleeds and a ruptured bowel - all through this he still managed to breath pretty much on his own, amazing us every day, filling our hearts with love and a bond that will never be broken or replaced. He was strong and put up the bestest fight to stay with us!! Reggie was a big miracle, in a small package and he gave his mummy and daddy real strength through this heartbreaking and terrifying time. Reggie had surgery at 8 days old, told by surgeons that he may not make it but it was needed to try and keep him with us - he made it through and returned to us but there were complications. He was so tiny, his liver and kidneys started to fail once he returned and we was told he was starting to shut down and he was telling us he needed to rest now. We are so blessed to have had him and the memories we have made as a family. Mummy managed to give him her own milk, daddy read him stories all day and night and we both changed his nappy whilst getting pee'ed on. We were lucky enough to hold you in our arms whilst you took your final breaths and that was the most happiest, calming, loving and heartbreaking feeling in the world. We know you can finally sleep deep and you have no more pain baby boy, we know you was tired and tried hard and long enough. We love you so so soo much Reggie, our hearts are broken but full of love and strength because of you!!! You have changed our lives and although you was only with us for a small amount of time, you are the bestest thing that has ever happened to us and we thank you for giving us the time and strength you had!! You was far to perfect for this world We will always have you in our hearts and mind, love you forever and miss you so much, Mummy and Daddy x x x x

Attachments

• 20191101_162033.jpg
    20191101_162033.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20191101_161501.jpg
    20191101_161501.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20191021_090735.jpg
    20191021_090735.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20191015-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20191015-WA0000.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20191012-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20191012-WA0010.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 16

Bling Babe

I was so upset to read this Nicky on Insta, i have so much admiration for your positivity and the strength you are showing through this, you have not been truly blessed with Reggie, sending you so much love and healing thoughts xxxx

x.Nicky.x

I was so upset to read this Nicky on Insta, i have so much admiration for your positivity and the strength you are showing through this, you have not been truly blessed with Reggie, sending you so much love and healing thoughts xxxx

Thank you babe, really do miss him so much. We are lucky to have had him but really craving him and want him back.

Hopefully one day we will see him again x x x

Sarnie

We are incredibly proud to introduce our son Reggie Richard Vincent Parry who was born at 23 weeks on the 8th of October, weighing 550g and went to heaven, on Thursday the 17th of October. We would like to tell you everything he has been through, what a fighter he has been and why we are so lucky to have had him for the 9 days and 22 hours of his life. After having pre cancerous cells removed, it unknowingly weakening my womb. When I went into labour on the Monday they said I was 4cm dilated and if I had him then (22weeks+6days) they would not try to keep him in this world. He held on, he clearly wanted to be here with his family and was born at 3:50pm in Broomfield on the Tuesday, kicking his legs around and showing so much strength. We were then all transferred to The Rosie, Addenbrooks hospital in Cambridge where we all stayed together the entire time and supported by the bestest nurses and consultants in the world. They said he may not make the hospital transfer journey, he may not make the first 72 hours, the first week but he proved them all wrong. He had a hole in his heart, he had two non life altering brain bleeds and a ruptured bowel - all through this he still managed to breath pretty much on his own, amazing us every day, filling our hearts with love and a bond that will never be broken or replaced. He was strong and put up the bestest fight to stay with us!! Reggie was a big miracle, in a small package and he gave his mummy and daddy real strength through this heartbreaking and terrifying time. Reggie had surgery at 8 days old, told by surgeons that he may not make it but it was needed to try and keep him with us - he made it through and returned to us but there were complications. He was so tiny, his liver and kidneys started to fail once he returned and we was told he was starting to shut down and he was telling us he needed to rest now. We are so blessed to have had him and the memories we have made as a family. Mummy managed to give him her own milk, daddy read him stories all day and night and we both changed his nappy whilst getting pee'ed on. We were lucky enough to hold you in our arms whilst you took your final breaths and that was the most happiest, calming, loving and heartbreaking feeling in the world. We know you can finally sleep deep and you have no more pain baby boy, we know you was tired and tried hard and long enough. We love you so so soo much Reggie, our hearts are broken but full of love and strength because of you!!! You have changed our lives and although you was only with us for a small amount of time, you are the bestest thing that has ever happened to us and we thank you for giving us the time and strength you had!! You was far to perfect for this world We will always have you in our hearts and mind, love you forever and miss you so much, Mummy and Daddy x x x x
Thanks for sharing your precious son with us, he certainly was a fighter to be proud of. My heart breaks for you, bless your heart, sending the biggest hugs to you xx

x.Nicky.x

Hey guysss, been a while since I have posted and alot has happened.

It has been a really hard road with the loss of our son, we still talk about him daily. Forever missed! I married the love of my life in March and we are now expecting again and baby is due in December. Currently 18+5 weeks pregnant and just praying all will be ok this time. They are looking after me and had surgery for a cervical stitch few weeks ago so i should be able to hold baby longer. Few years ago i had precancerous cells removed and made my cervics weaker which I didnt realise.

I havent lost any weight, I try and embrase what I am but maybe next year I will get some focus again.

I am going Harley Street Thursday for a band defill due to pregnancy.

I hope you're all ok, be great to hear from you!!

Attachments

• 20200725_182304.jpg
    20200725_182304.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200725_115634.jpg
    20200725_115634.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200415_213018_094.jpg
    IMG_20200415_213018_094.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200328_113203.jpg
    20200328_113203.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20200315-WA0051.jpg
    IMG-20200315-WA0051.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 17

Bling Babe

It’s so lovely to hear from you, huge congratulations on the pregnancy, take care and keep us up to date, your storey is so sad yet so lovely you make a beautiful couple and you look absolutely amazing xxx

x.Nicky.x

It’s so lovely to hear from you, huge congratulations on the pregnancy, take care and keep us up to date, your storey is so sad yet so lovely you make a beautiful couple and you look absolutely amazing xxx

It certainly has been a journey the last 3 years, not just with the band but life in general but we have had some massive highs and lows but I suppose life isnt always plain sailing.

Just on way back from london now as I have had my band completely defilled for this pregnancy - i have been struggling with getting food down and also really bad reflux so I am happy to have it emptied and relax for a bit.

I hope you are doing ok - and yes, praying this pregnancy will work out fine and I will have my rainbow baby x x x

Attachments

• Snapchat-1345339494.jpg
    Snapchat-1345339494.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 2

Sarnie

Hey guysss, been a while since I have posted and alot has happened.

It has been a really hard road with the loss of our son, we still talk about him daily. Forever missed! I married the love of my life in March and we are now expecting again and baby is due in December. Currently 18+5 weeks pregnant and just praying all will be ok this time. They are looking after me and had surgery for a cervical stitch few weeks ago so i should be able to hold baby longer. Few years ago i had precancerous cells removed and made my cervics weaker which I didnt realise.

I havent lost any weight, I try and embrase what I am but maybe next year I will get some focus again.

I am going Harley Street Thursday for a band defill due to pregnancy.

I hope you're all ok, be great to hear from you!!
Congratulations hun on expecting again, so happy for you and congrats on your wedding too to look beautiful, just concentrate on growing that little bubba inside you, that's the most important thing. Xx

x.Nicky.x

I have put on so much weight and obvs baby weight but jesus, I really am looking forward to having this baby girl in December and getting back on track. Where have all the gastric banders gone? Doesnt seem like anyone talks anymore? Xx

Attachments

• 20201031_055252.jpg
    20201031_055252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200930_163612.jpg
    20200930_163612.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 1ad7068ed7ae5189db78fc14c63f7805.jpg
    1ad7068ed7ae5189db78fc14c63f7805.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 12

Bling Babe

I have put on so much weight and obvs baby weight but jesus, I really am looking forward to having this baby girl in December and getting back on track. Where have all the gastric banders gone? Doesnt seem like anyone talks anymore? Xx
So lovely to hear from you, you look so very happy and baby weight looks great, it is very quite on here nowadays but I read new posts almost daily although I hardly post at all.
good luck your doing just great xxx

Sarnie

Great photos, you've not got long now, exciting times ahead for you. It's very quite on here. Good luck for when the time comes, I hope you have an easy birth xx

x.Nicky.x

My beautiful girl Lara born on the 21st of December xx starting to get my band tightened now

Attachments

• 20210115_120259.jpg
    20210115_120259.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201225_160554.jpg
    20201225_160554.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210131_164629.jpg
    20210131_164629.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210131_120338.jpg
    20210131_120338.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210105_182137.jpg
    20210105_182137.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Bling Babe

My beautiful girl Lara born on the 21st of December xx starting to get my band tightened now
She really is more than adorable, beyond cute, I do watch on insta, good luck with the band tightening x