• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my journey so far

tracyt84

:) hi guys,aint been on here for ages..ok so heres my journey so far,got my doctor to refer me for sugery in october,had my 1st app in december at kings collee which was just a boring dvd n questionaire,had my 2nd app this thursday gone which lasted all of 10 minutes with the surgeon himself who basically told me the band would be more suited to me,told me id have it all done by summertime,now im confused!! seems my journey wasnt as long as others (which im not moaning about ) but dont feel ive been told told what to eat afterwards etc..so scared tbh

hi,thanks for the reply,the surgeon said i have no more appointments at all,the next time i get a hospital letter will be with the op date on xx

You will have to have a pre op bloods, mrsa swabs, ecg ect and you will need your pre op diet and post op diet so there must be another appointment.

yes i need to have a preop for swaps etc before hand but theres not even a pre op diet to follow or anything,im very confused!xx

when you go for your pre-op swabs etc that is when they will give you your diet sheets... well they should do... give them a call and ask them... it could be they need to make you an appointment wth the dietician x

thankyou i have a rough idea of what to eat and not eat but only because of the wonderful thing called google lol xx

Ahhhhh welcome! Another Mr Patel punter at last. He did my band 10 years ago, I did not have to do a pre op diet, but did have to do a 4 week milk only diet post banding - I think things are different now though.
Not wanting to throw water on your fire as his 'band list' may differ from his 'bypass list' most of us seem to be waiting about 14 months currently. Stay in touch and good luck, he is a real pro at bands; he was one of the first in the UK to do them on the NHS in the late 90's xx

thankyou,hes a lovely man,he always makes me laugh..he told me the band list is upto 6 months now which i think is very quick compared to some,may i ask why u had the bypass after the band?i wnted the bnd at first but mr patel said the band would be more suited to me also i dont need to do any pre diet or anything but i think i will anyways just to be safe,he told me last week ill have a letter within 8 weeks with my op date eeeekkkkk!!

I had a band for 10 years...and like a fool had it removed as i thought I could cope in the big bad world without it, having become healthy, active and sensible with food....ohhh 3 years later and weight more than doubled and realise I was very wrong,I am as greedy as I was 10 years ago, and always live thinking 'oh I will start tomorrow' so now going to have a bypass before I pop and die! xx

does everyone have to have their band removed at some point??as i want mine forever as i could just eat all day long without even thinking about it atm xx

tracyt84 said:
does everyone have to have their band removed at some point??as i want mine forever as i could just eat all day long without even thinking about it atm xx

You won't soon!!!!! :D hope to keep mine forever to keep me on the straight n narrow! Xx

I had a tummy tuck as had lost and maintained for a long time, the plastic surgeon flipped the port and Mr patel could not fill it, he even tried with guided radiology, so the fact I was going under the knife for a revision is why I thought I may as well have it removed! xx

Thanks for the useful replies guys,what would I do without this site,I couls sit here all day reading thru peoples stories,and I do lol xx

Back