• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far

Tray3004

Hi all my names Tracey im 34 I've battled the bulge for many years back when I was 19 I went slimming world for 2yrs and went from 16st 9lbs to 11stone n wow I felt great then 15yrs on I've exceeded my start weight at slimming world and way to much more :( I've piled on weight easily for as long as I can remember ive tried every diet under the sun, numerous slimming pills ect don't get me wrong I've lost a few stone here n there but always put it all bk on n more :( so 2yrs ago I decided enough was enough I'm sick of living this life well it's not really living it's existing, and went of to see my doctor to ask for some help he told me to go home and do ww for 6 wks then come bk and he would weight me again and see how I'm getting on I explained I'd been many times over the years but he was adamant I had to try again so of home I went googled the nearest ww meeting and joined the next evening, I attended every wk for the 6 wk went bk docs n had lost 12lb he was pleased this continued for a while then when my losses got smaller when i went bk to see him he then said I can now prescribe zenacol I had these for about 12wks with no success they never really helped with the weight loss as in them 12wks I lost approx 6lb so that was prob down to ww diet. So at that appointment he said I will put you forward for the weight management course the nhs are running so I though good he's actually taking me serious :) approx 5 wks later I got a letter from the wmt with an appointment I was nervous n excited at the process the date arrived for around dec 06 2010 of I went to my docs to meet her she was lovely went threw my diet exercise fluids the lot and said I'll see u in a mth and would like u to have lost 2lb I though omg its Xmas I'll never do it lol goin on previous yrs a 2lb gain was more likely lol but I went home determine to succeed and when jan came for my appointment I was pleased so was she has I had lost 6 lb this has continued all yr with small losses totaling around 4 stone but I still have a long way to go so at the last meeting with my wm dietician this mth she said right Tracey you've done everything I've asked of you and more so I'm pleased to tell you I'm going to make your next mth appointment for 1hr so we can fill in the forms for the pct to apply for the funding for your surgery I was well pleased I no I'm still along way of and I still need to hope I get the funding from my pct but just wanted to share my story so far we've all been on this long road and at last I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak I really hope in nov when I fill the forms out for my funding application and they get sent of' i hope that at the beginning of next yr i have a reply and I hope more than anything else in the world it's funding approved and I can start the new yr as a slimmer healthier happier me :) sorry if this bored anyone my ramblings lol :) but tyvm in advance for taking the time to read it and where ever you are in your wl journey I wish you every success xxxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Good luck with the rest of our journey :)

Wow you've done so well. What determination! I hope that you get the funding that you so very much deserve. Keep us posted xx

Hi Tray. Very interesting post. I look forward to keeping up with progress reports and wish you the best of luck with your funding application :)

Hi nice read it is almost exactly the same as me so I know where your coming from. Good luck with everything.

Good Luck Tracey, you're doing great! I think I've done every diet under the sun too, lost and gained large amounts of weight over my lifetime. I know surgery isn't a magic wand - but it will help! You will 'meet' lots of friendly people here and get advice and support.
You sound like a fighter, and will be more than prepared for any little hiccups on the way.

Good luck hun. Great post-thanks for sharing xx

hi tracy i to have battled long and hard with loosing weight, and going to and throw to my doctors.

i have just finished my wlm course, and am awaiting a phone call or letter to say weather my funding has been approved.

so good luck with yours hope you get your funding. i look forward to hearing how you get on.xx

Well done on your success so far tray3004; keep us posted with the pct decision - my fingers are crossed for you. You will be dancing on air the day that letter comes - you'll re-read it several times while it sinks in!

Well done hun, hope you get a reply soon and get your funding x

Just starting

Hi everyone:)

I am just starting this adventure and saw the surgeon last week. He told I am a candidate for weight loss surgury (gastric bypass). I have to make the next steps, heart stress test, psych evaluation, and a sleep test. Nervous about all but its better than the alternative of doing nothing progressive at all.

Thank you all so much for ur kind words, encouragement, n support I will keep you all updated I've got my fingers crossed along with you all :) and where ever you are in the jorney I wish u all the luck in the world n best wishes thank you all ur all insperational stars xxx :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

well i went for my weight management appointment last week and rebecca was pleased id lost another 5lbs ;-) so we filled the funding forms in ;-) and she said she will try to get it in for the fri pct meeting so fingers n toes crossed if it went in on fri just gone they said yes?? i wont no probably till i meet her next which is on 15th dec ;-) if my funding request never got in this mth it will be the 16th dec when they meet again ;-) im really excited but nervous as i surpose my fate is in there hands im trying to put it to the bk of my mind but im affraid its all i think of lol just thought id update so u lovely lot no where im up 2 ;-) sorry for waffling lol xx

sounds like you have made really good progress so far Tray, and all that you have achieved whilst on weight management is going to put you in the best possible place for success with WLS.

Fingers crossed for good news for you soon x

well done for losing all that weight! So pleased you have been rewarded for all your hard work by them filling in your forms! Good luck hun! x

Ty ladies ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi tray, i cant see any reason why you would not get funding, the pct like to see that you have been trying to lose weight and you certainly have, also im sure that if your bmi is over 50 you will qualify, at st georges in south london it has to be 45 with comorbidities, and over 50 without them to qualify. Have you asked about what criteria you need to meet, i would find this out as soon as. good luck
kim

Good luck Hun!!! I know its been a long trek, but will be worth it. x

Back