• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my journey so far

thinkbethin

Hi there I just thought I would fill you all in on my journey so far. I asked my gp to refer me begining of august 08 and he agreed because of my comorbidities. I got a letter from pct to say I had funding in september. Next was a letter from the dietician and bariatric nurse to invite me to a group meeting in october where they explain everything about different ops and post op diets. I then got appointment to see surgeon on 11th of december. Spoke to Mr Roger Ackroyd at the royal hallamshire in sheffield and decided I would prefer to have band because its less invasive (whimp that I am ). I had my pre op assesment on 29th december. This is where it all seemed to go wrong. My blood pressure was dangerously high and found out I was diebetic. I was told I would have got my op date if I'd been fit but they sent me home to get gp to sort everything out. Had to wait three weeks to get bp down to a sensible level and then ring pre op assesment nurse with readings. After this I kept ringing Mr Ackroyds secretary to try and get a date and finally got 20th april. sorry if I've bored you but I seem to have had an easy ride so far compared to some of you ladies. I will keep you up tp date with everything. thanks for reading xx Gaynor

Sure you've not bored anyone! It's always interesting to see other people's journeys :)

It's good that they've got your diabetes and bp under control before the surgery.

thats fantastic gaynor ............... mine has gone quite the same a yours .. i went through all of this 7 years or more ago when funding was in surgeons hands ... and he never had any so i never got op ..

anyway started my journey oct 08 and got my my funding with in 3 weeks and had all my bloods done diabetic, heart, etc checks ..

i was given 3 hospitals to choose from by the pct ..

i have been to group session meeting with bariatric nurse and diatician at the hospital where i will be having my op .. ( whittington hospital north london )

i have spoken with my surgen via emails and im having a gastric bypass... but i see my surgeon on the 16th of this month and hopefully my op will be not long after ....

good luck and keep us updated xxx brett xx

thats fantastic gaynor ............... mine has gone quite the same a yours .. i went through all of this 7 years or more ago when funding was in surgeons hands ... and he never had any so i never got op ..

anyway started my journey oct 08 and got my my funding with in 3 weeks and had all my bloods done diabetic, heart, etc checks ..

i was given 3 hospitals to choose from by the pct ..

i have been to group session meeting with bariatric nurse and diatician at the hospital where i will be having my op .. ( whittington hospital north london )

i have spoken with my surgen via emails and im having a gastric bypass... but i see my surgeon on the 16th of this month and hopefully my op will be not long after ....

good luck and keep us updated xxx brett xx

Hi Brett

Where abouts in london are you from? What PCT does it come under? Your second attempt at surgery seems to have gone swimmingly so far - fingers crossed it continues for you x

Back