• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my leter from the hospital

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
RE: request for funding for bariatric surgery.

NHS oldham was asked to consider funding for bariatric surgery by your G.P

the individual patient review panel carefully considered all the information provided about your application. i wish to advise that NHS oldham approved this specific request for funding. the reason for this decision is your individual circumstances fulfil the eligibility criteria within the NICE guidance for obesity.

i have informed your GP of the decision to approve the request and have suggested that he discuss the treatment options that are available to you.

that my letter, i got my funding now gotta try and get into the doctor which takes forever, i rang up and the are only takin on the day appointment for the next two weeks. but i can get in till after 3 cuz i work 6-2 shift. just keep trying i guess.

xx

Well done on getting your funding you must be thrilled
Hope you can get a GP appt soon

Jay xx

congrats on your funding.:D
Do you have to go in and see your GP, could you not write a letter or even better email him/her ? might save you the hassle of trying to get an appointment

dont know the email address, just gotta ring tomo, i just wanna see him to get everythin going.

how long after you had the funding did u have the surgery? xx

thank you everyone, and thank ou for the help u advised me on writing my letter i think it really helped as i told them everythin and i dont think i would have done with with out all your help. i just hope i dont have to wait so long, just so happy feel like a weight has been taken off me, no pun intended xx

Brilliant news!!
When I was granted funding my gp was on holiday for 2weeks...so I asked the PCT if they coud kindly fax over a letter to the hospital confirming I had funding ;).....and they did! :D (GP had already contacted the hospital previously asking about bariatric surgery...i had been refered to medica team as I hadn't got funding yet)
By the time my gp got back from hols, I had already received my first hospital appt date :D
HTH x

Maybe your PCT would do the same

Wow hun, that's so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!

you would have that many holidays if you was on as much money as he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Great news, i hope the ball starts rolling from the gp a.s.a.p... If you can't get an appointment can you not get a 'telephone consultation' a lot of gp's do this now, it's sometimes more convenient for the patient and the doctor....

Good luck on your journey xx

Great news, i hope the ball starts rolling from the gp a.s.a.p... If you can't get an appointment can you not get a 'telephone consultation' a lot of gp's do this now, it's sometimes more convenient for the patient and the doctor....

Good luck on your journey xx

never thought of that, i might try that, heard that he's not on holiday now so will def ring him tuesday, i have a appointment with him on the 7 sept any how. xx

Back