• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My loose skin constructive criticism please

amanda577

31354-albums2534-picture16069.jpg

Sorry to subject you to such a strange picture!!:eek: But I've been reading a few threads about loose skin just lately and it got me looking at mine in a bit more detail, and I think I am quite lucky as I don't seem to have much at all at the moment, but am worried that I am just not looking at myself honestly and kidding myself. So I took a photo of my tum and would be really grateful for some honest feedback from you guys. I know that you will not humour me and will tell me the truth.. Constructive criticism though please xxx:eek:

I honestly cannot see any loose skin?! It looks pretty flat to me? Are we looking at the same thing? You will have to share your secrets with us - do you mind me asking your age and how long you have been overweight for? x x x

Amanda can see no saggy flesh on there at all, one lucky girl, I have some but never be bad enough to have it removed. My arms are guna be worst for me, but just live with it. You have nothing to worry bout at all x Looking great x

Thanks wobbly, it is really hard to look at yourself objectively even in a photograph.. I still have 2-3 stones to lose so maybe that is when it will get looser... I am sure yours will be fine. we were approximately the same start weight.. xxx

Its the part of your tummy in your trousers that I worry about the most but your top part looks fine and I cannot see any loose skin

looking OK from here no flabby bits that i can see maybe you have good skin tone. xx

Its the part of your tummy in your trousers that I worry about the most but your top part looks fine and I cannot see any loose skin
31354-albums2534-picture16071.jpg

That is the very bottom of my tummy. It still sticks out as have loads of weight to lose yet.. The marks you see are not stretch marks just where my jeans have made marks lol.. Hope that gives you a better idea, cos I am definitely not going any lower !!! LOL

Samsara I am 53 years old and was very overweight when I was younger, but then got slim in my thirties, fat again in my early fourties, then slim, and then fat again in my late fourties up until the bypass, so very up and down..

NO deffo no flabby bits you look great hun x

I think your tummy looks fantastic. Great bounce back skin and your gym work has paid off. Awesome hun :)

Thanks!! 6 months ago would never have posted a picture of myself in any shape or form online, and even now it is still an embarrassing thing to do, but here on the forum I know we are all in the same boat, so that makes it easier.. I live alone, so can't really ask anyones opinion, so this forum is a lifeline for me, and really don't know how I would cope without the support and advice that I have received from people on this forum..

I live alone too and so will be reliant on this forum for support/advice and opinions ;) Picture sharing on our journeys is so helpful and I will be doing the same when the time comes. I see from Carebears comment you go to the gym - what's your typical weekly exercise routine? Did you start exercising at the very beginning or only when you'd lost a chunk of the weight? x x x

In answer to your questions Samsara - I started excercising 2 weeks after the surgery but just walking, and then worked my way up to running. I now run 2kms 2-3 times a week and try to get to the gym on average 5 times a week. Where the gym is concerned I am concentrating more on muscle definition than fat burning, as the weight is coming off so want to try and build some muscle to replace the fat as I lose it if that makes sense... I spend about an hour and a half on a gym weight session, and excercise each muscle group in turn. I am tending to concentrate more on my legs at the moment as they have always been big in proportion to the rest of me, and my instructor says only way to shape them is with some muscle definition.
If you are alone also Samsara, then you really will find this forum invaluable. You will find that the people here understand what you are going through, and will offer advice and support - laugh with you when things are going right, and cry with you when it all seems like it is going wrong... I know one thing for sure!! and that is that the bypass is the best thing that ever happened to me, even with all the ups and downs, and I am sure it will be the same for you xxx

eeee i hope i look as good as that when i get to my goal weight! im only 24 and have a lot of fellas yet to impress wink wink ;) xx

eeee i hope i look as good as that when i get to my goal weight! im only 24 and have a lot of fellas yet to impress wink wink ;) xx

LOL!! Now that did make me laugh!! I'm sure at 24 then you will look much much better than me!! Your skin is young enough to bounce back perfectly you lucky thing!!! xx

LOL!! Now that did make me laugh!! I'm sure at 24 then you will look much much better than me!! Your skin is young enough to bounce back perfectly you lucky thing!!! xx

I wish I was 24 again :cry: (knowing what I know now and post surgery!) x x

Back