• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pre op diet started today!

Alex1977

Well i decided to have a slimfast for breakfast and a banana and a fat free yogurt (activia half price in morrisons today! about 35p each) for lunch and then I recieved my diet sheets (food not milk diet) in the post as ive only got 2 weeks today to lose about 10lbs! Now panic mode has set in! Im going to have a green salad with 2 oz cheese and 2 teaspoons of low fat dressing (thats the plan anyway). Now i can understand why people were stressing out! Im thinking about starting my diary too as it now feels the right time to tell everyone my story and to keep a record of this life changing event im about to enter. Keep up the hard work on pre op everyone it will be over before we know it! xxxx

Good luck on your pre-op diet. You seem to be ahead with the planning, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
I can't speak from experience but with the goal post not too far ahead, I'm sure you will suceed.

Go for it.

well ive now finished day 5 of my (short notice!) pre op and have lost 10lbs but im flippin starvin lol keep getting headaches but trying to drink as much as possible to stop this. What a hard slog its been. My little girl and husband decided they were having mcdonalds tonight and i would have killed for a frie! but i stuck to my guns and had an egg salad instead. Hope everyones ok on the pre op good luck!! only 9 long days to go for me!! god i hope my livers shrinking (or my stomach due to lack of food lol) i know we moan about it but i keep telling myself "think about the outcome and what i will be getting out of it" xx

Good luck with your pre-op diet!

It was one of the things I found very hard - the lack of carbs all of a sudden made me feel quite cross and emotional (especially when I had to still cook them for everyone else).
You can end up feeling quite flat and unsettled at a time when you need to be strong for yourself. Look after yourself and look forward to the surgery day coming around :)

Gill

Back