• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My ramblings !

Kevin1708

Century Club
Is it a bloke thing I wonder . . . I am more concerned about the proposed ‘life style changes’ than the operation itself – the thought of not being able to go to the pub and guzzle a gallon of fine real ale before a kebab or alike is frightening – maybe that’s because the food and drink are comfort foods (a crutch if you like) – I am convinced that when you gain weight you seek solace in food and so begins the vicious circle.

What is strange is that my weight gain kind of sneaked up on me . . . . one day I found myself buying 40inch waist trousers instead of 36inch – I did not heed the warning signs and continued to enjoy life then the awful day comes when you are in M & S and nothing will fit ! ! !

I am one of the lucky ones; I asked my GP about the options early December 2010 and will be having my operation early April 2011. At 6’0’’ and 325lb I certainly need to lose around 150lb – my weight seems to be around the centre which I understand to most common in men. Being overweight is not attractive, healthy or in any way a good thing yet I am reluctant to change my life style – why is that? Maybe I am scared that I won’t be able to cope with the changes after all it is easier to eat sh*t than to prepare healthy food ~ even WW foods seems to be filled with sugars, e-numbers and preservatives (and something similar to wallpaper paste) - the WW Chicken Hotpot tastes great but just one per serving . . . come on ! Hell, when you read the label it frightens you to death.

There are some truly wonderful stories on here – so positive (and this is a theme irrespective of stage) – the before and after pics are staggering it makes me feel proud of people I have never even met . . .

Is there anything as awful as being overweight and going in to a restaurant and people have to move chairs to let you passed ????? Yet I sit down and order the biggest steak in the house! I have never heard any nasty comments about me – lol, due to my size and having played rugby for many years I am just a big bloke and bullies don’t tend to pick on me but I have heard stories about people on here where there has been abuse and it makes me see red.

I am not really sure what my little rant has been about only that it is great to be able to talk/write with others in the same boat x

PS if anyone is on or has experience the milk diet, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hiya Kevin,

I am new here-but not new to WLS. 4 years now. I think I have a pretty good idea of what your rant is about. It's about undertaking a major life altering surgery.

You are thinking about it-because your life will change. I think your rant is really healthy!

Yes-those labels are VERY freaky in the beginning. There is so much to take in.

There is so much to look forward to for you. The surgery itself will be a small memory to you very soon. What will become most important will be those choices you make.

Lots of the choices you will make-may not mean much to others. Ask one of your mates about their opinion on WW meal ingredients. LOL! Just kidding. They would be left with that blank stare.

Ah-but I am sure you have made all sorts of new friends who know the importance of measuring what you eat and ensuring you get those labs done.

You will do just fine. One foot then the next. Do as much taste testing on those newer foods-so you have an idea of what you like.

Another thing-be sure to get some before pictures and also be sure to get your measurements. Those will come in handy when you may not see the scale move-but the tape measure does!

Congrats!

I loved reading your rant. it clears the mind to an extent doesn't it?

Also we can all relate to so much that you say, so please keep up the rant.

Back