• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

Thank you folks! Just sat in the admissions lounge. I've got my stockings on and I am looking her sexy!

I am hoping to see a couple of ladies from the forum whilst I am here. Thank you both for taking the time to come and visit me.

Surgery cancelled gang! No female beds and the surgery before mine was over complicated and by the time they were done, the anaesthetist had to leave. I am on my way home.

Noooooo!!! OMG Alex - can't believe it! Thinking of you ... It will happen tho, I know it will - when it is meant to be ... Hugs a million xxxxxxx

Oh no, Alex. I'm so sorry!!!

Have they given you another date? xx

So upset for you hon :(

Sigh...

£85 in cab fare that I didn't really have and a very upset dietician who tried everything he could to get me in today.

I am home now though, all warm and cosy in bed and waiting to here back from the team. My surgeon's assistant said there didn't look like there would be anything until next Tuesday, surgical list permitting. Its all very odd, I am meant to be an emergency case. I was told I would probably hear something by Friday.

The Aussie dietician said he would keep on at them and see if he could get me in this week, he really was so frustrated for me. That being said, even if they could get me in, I don't know how I would get there, the cab fare today literally cleaned me out. My poor husband's face was a picture when I told him how much it call cost. Haa! Perhaps I can get them to organise hospital transport? I am far too weak to carry my case and take the bus and train alone. The journey is at least an hour and 40 minutes and I would probably collapse and end up on the news. "Do you know this woman"? "She says she is 32 but is so thin she looks like a small child. She seems to have found the answer to eternal youth. DRASTIC WEIGHTLOSS"!!!

I am just fine with it all though, nothing before its time and all that. I will spend the rest of the week in bed, journalling, learning, reading and loving the children.

Thank you all again for your help, support and kind words.

Last edited:
A www man! That's rubbish! If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be your transportation, but I'm in Newcastle :( I hope they sort you something out sharpish xxx

What an absolute nightmare!! Everything happens for a reason though..fingers crossed for a new date!!

aww just got home from my long shift, sorry the news wasn't good. I hope that the person who took up your slot understands how lucky they were but it must have been serious. WEll done you for taking it in your stride. Yes get patient transport next time you are entitled to it. Hope you here from them very soon x

Sorry to hear that you got cancelled but emergencies do happen in others. At least you are at the top of the system. Keep the faith. You now have the best team (surgeon and dietician), it can't be too long (fingers crossed).

Wow! My lil' old thread has shiny gold stars and five at that! Can you believe it? :D Thank you!!

I really do adore writing/journalling. I try to do it everyday, its so very cathartic and if I can entertain you all and/or help others in the process, than that is just wonderful.

If you have been following this thread you will know that I don't believe in coincidences, I believe wholeheartedly that we live the lives we do for a purpose. This journey was made for me and that includes my having my Bypass surgery being cancelled twice.

Last Friday my head felt like it was in a vice. I tried desperately to appear cool, calm and collected but inside I was still fearful. It was only on the Saturday that I woke up with a sense of inner peace and acceptance regarding the future. I spent the week doing much reading, meditating like my life depended on it, speaking positive affirmation daily and thinking far less. I feel so much stronger than I did and again, I am reminded of how much I can achieve if I take control of my mind and cultivate the bravery I need to evolve with the changes that life can bring. Change or obstacles along the way do not need to be daunting; with the correct mindset they can be exciting adventures!

Although on Tuesday I felt much more at ease and believed I was ready to face Mr Reddy's scalpel, I was not. Life lessons and inner strength continue to reveal themselves and I have taken this week to lap them up, take notes (With colourful Biro's. Is there any other way?) and sharing my revelations through Facebook. I do that a lot, and I find that it tends to touch someone and that is so humbling and comforting to me.

I attempted some warm Organic Oat Milk today mixed with Pumpkin Purée (homemade), Vanilla Extract and All Spice. I am sure you have seen how popular Pumpkins have become and with them being so nutrient dense, I wanted a piece of that action! Well, "Ugh" the Sleeve began to shriek and protest almost immediately, in fact much of the concoction didn't make it to my stomach. I think the ulceration of my Oesophagus caused most of it to remain suspended in my chest area and come back up with the fluid the Sleeve did not want.

I am reading a very good book at the moment, The Taxidermist's Daughter. I was sold on the very first page and if you are an avid reader or just wanting a nice way to wind down from time to time, I would highly recommend it.

I love reading, I always have. There is no doubt that I get this love of devouring books from my mum, she always has a book in her hand. She would read to my twin sister and I nightly as children and she would take such care to give each character a voice and personality of their very own. My sister and I would sit together in our Jim Jams, wide eyed with excitement, ready to hear whatever would come next.

I recall reading a book called The Secret when I was 12 and that was the book that opened the door to "real books" for me; books with grit and emotion and realness. It was like chasing the dragon after that read, I wanted better and better. Books to me are like jewellery I suppose, so precious. I love to look at them on shelves, to smell, feel and turn the pages. I know Kindle Editions are far more economical but I am hooked on good old fashioned paper, board and ink.

I am pleased, you are now mentally in a better place and have everything in order, sometimes we do go through these lean times to come out the other side more positive its awful at the time but only when we look back do we see how far we have actually come. Well done you. You are absolutely amazing and coping much better than I ever would in your situation. The call will come and the repairs will be done by skilful hands and the result will be you will be able to have the 'normal life' we all crave. Keep up the meditation and keep reading it keeps you sane. Take care lovely xxxx I am off to work again so be back tomorrow lunch time hope you have some good news by then xx

I hope you have an enjoyable shift Chrisa and get home to have a some rest.xx

Your pumpkin experience sounds as enjoyable as my beetroot experience!!

Lordy Kar, do tell? Oh the glamour! Our lives have become a collection of vomiting incidents that would make Carrie from the Exorcist blush!!

I hope you aren't feeling too bad with it? I see that you are a relatively new Sleever. How has your journey been thus far?

The Aussie Dietician called today and says I am on Mr Reddy's mind. He feels very sorry that he was unable to perform surgery last week. The plan is to get me in this Tuesday as there is (once again) a couple of high risk patients who will more than likely have their procedures cancelled due to a lack of high dependency beds. He will call on Monday to confirm though.

In other news, I made myself a large Coconut water in a one of those nifty sport type cups, the ones that have the mls on the side (so I know how much I am taking in). 700mls took me a grand total of 6 hours to drink! Paaahaaaa!

Last edited:
I decided to sample a mini beetroot, I've always loved them..well I cut a bit off.. Chewed..bit more..chew ...swallow..bit more...mmmm...then oh my god it was like I had swollowed acid!! It stomach was not happy at all...I thought there was going to be a bout of vomit but thankfully no! This feeling passed after about 15 mins but never again...and they say veg is good for you!! Not as a sleever!!

I'm spreading the word to others so they don't have to have this incident!

Hahaa! That did make me laugh, although I am sorry you had to go through it. Perhaps in time you will be able to enjoy them again? I adore Beetroot, especially the Tesco Finest Sweetfire ones! Oh they were (I have not had them in an absolute age) gorgeous! God willing I will be able to have them again also.

Back