• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

Thinking of you today hope everything goes great, am up already sleep has left me, so here I am awaiting my 24hr shift well its bit longer than that really but I wont get the opportunity to get any of your news till Friday afternoon, may God bless you and the hand of that skiled surgeon who wants to right the wrong and set your body back on its natural course. From today you will no longer be just existing but living, doing what mothers and wives do best give love and all their time and energy into making and keeping a loving home and safe environment. xxx

Chrisa, you made me cry. Gosh!

Thank you all. I didn't get much sleep last night but expect it'll all come during the day. The dietician says he will pop around and see me this morning and I expect I will see the Surgeon too. I have just had bloods taken and I have some fluids running - my BP is terribly low.

I'm sorry if I confused you all. There has been no operation yet. I came in at 9pm last night. The traffic was pretty thick.

I'll check in later.

Alex xx

Good luck today Alex xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have read your whole thread, I must say I am sooooo proud of you. You have remained strong, positive, and determined. Not many could have gone through your journey and remained the same.

I'm a newbie and awaiting a decision from the panel. Dr Reddy is lovely, I met with him a few weeks ago.

Wishing you all the best and can't wait to read your update. Your new beginning is not far ......

My dears there is nothing to report. Sadly, Mr Reddy (the chap in charge) was not here yesterday and so the decision as to when my surgery will be was left to another consultant. I have asked that they contact Mr Reddy and ask if I can done this Tuesday which is his next operating day. My blood work was positive, some of my levels were a tad low but not critically so and my protein (thanks to Spirulina powder in my Coconut water) was sky high!! They were shocked. Ha!

Oh what a pain. Hope you get some answers. Good news about the bloods though - at least there's a positive in that you know it can go ahead now. x

Everything at the right time my love.

My consultant is here today (he wasn't yesterday) and I have asked them to speak with him in regards to what should be done next. He was very eager to get me "seen to" (as you know) and so it makes sense that the decision should be his. There was some talk of my op being done tomorrow as 3 patients have cancelled. I may be sent to St. Anthony's, its where my surgeon does his private work. I know this does happen many times. Fingers crossed for a lush private room and Sky Television! Ha!

aww that would be amazing. I have just got back from work lets hope he goes ahead tomorrow, the sooner the better things looking much brighter on the horizon now xxx

Yay! Hope you get St Ants, I've been there more than a few times as private and it's lovely and peaceful.

Where are you on Gray?

Alex! St Anthony's would be brilliant for you - so holistic!! It is where I had my bypass done and as you know, your consultant is part of my team there. The hospital is lovely and peaceful, and the nursing staff are superb - you could not hope for a better experience. If you get room 420 in St Theresa's think of me!! I am keeping everything crossed for you ... and cannot wait for you to be out of this nightmare and getting on with the life your WLS should have given you months ago ... Lots of love and light coming your way hun xx

I'm off home gang! They will try to fit me in on Tuesday.

Well bit disheartening but you can go home and have a fab chillaxing weekend with your family and remember the best is yet to come. Roll on Tuesday xx that's my next 24 hr shift xxx

Oh yes! I am thrilled to be going home. I can't wait to see everyone. X

There is no place like home ... but pity you are not taking a bypass home with you on this occasion. Tuesday is just round the corner and fingers crossed ... Have a good weekend. Chill xxxxx

Andrew won't be here until 10pm. We live some way away from the hospital and my mum wanted to take the children for the weekend (she hasn't seen them in a while and wants to give me the chance to really rest) and so he has taken them to her house first which is even further away.

Its fine, there is a lady opposite who is very emotional, she has been through a lot and so I can sit with her and keep her company for a bit longer.

Everyone keeps telling me how incredibly skilled Mr Reddy is and do mean everyone. Apparently, he can do my surgery with his hands tied behind his back (says another surgeon who has seen my Sleeve images). Gosh! It makes me even more grateful to be given this chance. I cannot thank you enough Jem, for recommending him to me.

Last edited:
Give hubbby the chance to care for you then just u 2 time to regain focus possibly discuss both your dreams of future you never know they may be the same if not similar. HAVE a good battery recharge xx

Sorry it was cancelled hunny!!

Have a good rest up this weekend and Tuesday will be here before we know it!! xx :)

Back