• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

H
10814204_808701865854936_1135268301_n.jpg
ere she is

Congrats. Look at that gorgeous hair.

OMG! She is absolutely beautiful. We'll done to your daughter. Now with all that hair you have your wish, Lol!

Praise God!

Congrats.

NGang, I am going home. There will be nothing at all happening here over the weekend, Monday or Tuesday; this was made perfectly clearly to me. Apparently, I was never first on the list. I was on a standby list which meant that if there was time after all the elective surgeries, I would be seen too.

The Aussie dietician came to see me and was gutted. He said that this was a total cock up, swore a few times and said that the whole thing made them look so incompetent. I had come to them for help, after being at another hospital and then had to deal with all this. He thinks that St Anthony's is my best bet. As long as they are paid, they will always find space for surgeries apparently.

He said, I should keep on going with my superfood powders and eat whatever I can manage. It's working for me. He did say that I will probably end up with a feeding tube after surgery though, in order to supplement my food intake. It's more than likely be a peg feed. I can't say I am looking forward to that prospect but hey ho...

Oh and also find this man extremely attractive. Hot!!

Last edited:
I am indeed glad to be home. They seem to have grown and changed so much in the short time I was away from them. Ava's reading has come along in leaps and bounds. Gosh!

They are all over me and I love it.

Chrisa, you have been quiet and I am taking that to mean that you are all together enjoying your new arrival. Does the tiny angel have a name yet? How is your daughter doing? Is she still in the hospital also?

Hi Thank you everyone, yeah we hopoe she is home today the little one has had to keep going on a heta mat to eep her temp regulated but a txet this morning said she was regulating it herself now they say the best way is skin to skin with mam and she is breast feeding. WE hope thye both come home today. MY hubby our sone and fiancée and my mam ndad met her yesterday thye couldn't believe how small she is she looks so big on that close up picture but she really is a dinky little thing. Waiting or a poopy nappy that hadn't happened as of 7pm lastnight I gthink she is aving it up for her daddy lol, I think she is going to be called Emmy Ogechi Chemila Okonkwo, but that could change the Emmy bit I mean the others are staying because ethey are Frican names from daddy its daughter who is dragging her heels lol. xx

Soo pleased you back with the family they will transfer some of that energy on to you fill your bboots with it it will sustain you for your next hospital adventure, Hope it is soon very soon xx

Emmy. It's a very pretty name and suits her! I love it! I also love that the rest of her name is steeped in African history/culture. She is destined for great things.

How are you feeling? You must be so relieved but so thankful that that side of things is all over with? Now you can all get on with the business of kisses, hugs and cooing over her. Haha!

I am exhausted. Everyone here has a cold and there was no surprise that I am now snivelling. Sigh... Perhaps a good thing? I was actually thinking of letting the admissions manager know that I had no intention of coming in this week. I need break and it will give them a chance to pull it together.

How many of you can feel the movement of your food through the digestive system? I can feel it reach my stomach and then obviously it's expelled. It's fascinating isn't it? Yve, I know you said that fullness was a hormone reaction and that food generally rakes an hour to reach the stomach but for me it is relatively instant.

Last edited:
Yes we are relieved that she has been delivered safely and is beautiful and in good health. We haven't seen her today and will not get down to theirs till Wednesday I am back to work on Tuesday and the little one is back to hospital tomorrow. She has to have some African shots, she also has what they call Mongolian Blue Spot which is a pigment thing I understand. She eats, sleeps, poops and whimpers with the odd bit of screaming in between whuch equates to a healthy baby x
Its awful when everyone comes dow n with a cold its the time of year. Do what you have to about hospital you know your body best enjoy time with the family. xx
l.php

I am exhausted but I just wanted to post a quick update. I am off to St Anthony's tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to the private experience. All my travel expenses are being reimbursed too (well over £200)!

Cathy (the Bariatric Nurse) and Scott, the Aussie Dietician have bent over backwards and it means a lot to me knowing that there really wasn't much they could do. They still tried and I will be forever grateful to them. I am expected to go down at about 3 ish. I will try to check in throughout the day.

Take care gang. Chrisa, give Emmy a huge kiss from me. I LOVE BABIES! haaaaa!

Oh my word, that's unexpected.

Fingers crossed tomorrow happens for you and that St Ants is good for you. Are you having Mr Reddy??

Back