• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My relationship with Evans is over

chris2710

I had some vouchers to spend at Evans and realising I was going down the clothing sizes I visited there this week, thinking I'm probably their size 14/16. I needed jeans and went to the rails only to read that they had changed the sizing, they are now pear shaped, whereas I am definitely apple. Anyway I selected a couple of pairs to try on, a pair of 14's and one of 16. Went into the changing room and bravely tried on the 14's thinking that at least I had the 16's there as well. Anyway I put on the 14's then stepped out of them without undoing the fastenings, they were that big. :eek:
To enable myself to use the vouchers I visited the sale rail and found a dress and a pair of jeans in their old size 14 which fit beautifully. Mind the jeans are RED, something I would never had the nerve to wear before. :)
After making my purchases I walked out happily vowing to never have to visit there again. :D

Well i can still shop there but choose not too now much cheaper clothges to buy else where, i ahve fallen out with them totally the last few times i went in there was absolutely nothing they could sell me, way to pricey, i know they nlast cos i have wardrobes full of their stuff ans simply be, i hav had loads from the catalogue shop too, now i have my daughters wardrobe, she always has stuff she bought an dnot worn with tags still attached costs me nowt always summat i like too. xx grets news for you though. xx

Aaaw that's great news! And I bet the red jeans look amazing on you! :)
My local Evans shut down before Christmas, so I'm stuck with Asda big sizes for the time being.
Em xxxxx

Both of my local one shave shut down have to goto Metro Centre near NEWCASTLE now for Evans but i am happy with Asda big sizes, if i need anything. I had a beautiful flapper style dress which i paid £80 for beaded top and tassled to the knee loved it, wore it bout 5 times then i have lost this weight, at Christmas my sister gave me hers she has exactlly the same dres but mine was a 32 hers was a20. Fit me lovely but on the tight side, fits really good now and won;t be in it much longer so think migth wear it for our school prom next month, i am lucky with clothes xx

Must be honest, only went in because of vouchers, they used to be a good gift for me if people didn't know what to get me for birthdays, Christmas etc. I would tell them to get me those. Makes mental note to self to remember to tell people not to get me those anymore! Agree that clothes there are pricey and at present I don't need clothes that are long lasting. At the moment I'm only buying cheap clothes as they're not fitting for long. Really looking forward to getting down to size and choosing clothes, without thinking, I'm not paying that I won't be able to get money's worth.

chris2710 said:
Must be honest, only went in because of vouchers, they used to be a good gift for me if people didn't know what to get me for birthdays, Christmas etc. I would tell them to get me those. Makes mental note to self to remember to tell people not to get me those anymore! Agree that clothes there are pricey and at present I don't need clothes that are long lasting. At the moment I'm only buying cheap clothes as they're not fitting for long. Really looking forward to getting down to size and choosing clothes, without thinking, I'm not paying that I won't be able to get money's worth.

I tended to ask for the too. Hopefully will be New Look this birthday and Christmas :)

I would have danced out of Evans if I was you lol

Congratulations

I had some vouchers to spend at Evans and realising I was going down the clothing sizes I visited there this week, thinking I'm probably their size 14/16. I needed jeans and went to the rails only to read that they had changed the sizing, they are now pear shaped, whereas I am definitely apple. Anyway I selected a couple of pairs to try on, a pair of 14's and one of 16. Went into the changing room and bravely tried on the 14's thinking that at least I had the 16's there as well. Anyway I put on the 14's then stepped out of them without undoing the fastenings, they were that big. :eek:
To enable myself to use the vouchers I visited the sale rail and found a dress and a pair of jeans in their old size 14 which fit beautifully. Mind the jeans are RED, something I would never had the nerve to wear before. :)
After making my purchases I walked out happily vowing to never have to visit there again. :D
Wahoooooo!!! Well done. I hate Evans and tried to avoid it all my obese life by trying Rogers, Etam, HM, Simplybe and Asos- but always had to give in as I put on more weight. I look forward to the day when clothes in Evans become too big for me.;)

Yay that is fantastic. I cannot wait till my relationship with Primark starts lol

lucky u, well done :) i have never liked evans there clothes dont seem to fit me well. i cant wait till my journey has started and i can get cheap clothes. as i spend a fortune with simply be. plus only ever have one pair of jeans because i find it so difficult to find jeans that im happy with. my happiest day will be when i fit into a 12/14. anything lower than that would be a bonus. but that would make my year. well done u. happy shopping :) xxx

Red jeans are my dream item of clothing to wear! Soooo jealous! Brilliant bit of shopping!

Yes, don't forget to let everyone know what to get you for your next birthday and Christmas!

My longterm exclusive relationship with Evans is over & I am now a footloose & fancy free 'promiscuous' high street shopper.
I too am only buying cheapy things as still 'shrinking' - What a feeling!!!!!

The other good thing about weight loss is the charity shops have loads of clothes in sizes 14/16/18. Very handy if things only fit for a few weeks. I bought about 20 items last week, some are brand new, and so cheap...from 50p for t shits to wear to the gym!

I have always hated Evans and even when I was big I avoided it. As I was size 20-22 I could find clothes elsewhere so I did. Per Una was a favourite...now I don't even go there...anywhere on the High Street is great!

So exciting to read! I can only dream of the day I don't have to shop there anymore, although you can sometimes find something to wear most of there clothes are awful. I think what is really exciting is that you didn't need to shop there for a while but now you are to small for their sizes! Fantastic. Enjoy :D x

Evans clothes are do out dated and expensive! I was buying from Yours online at my biggest.

I do have size 10 feet though. But they have started moving around a lot in my shoes, so my feet are shrinking. If my feet get small enough, I need never go in Evans ever again :D

Very do some great clothes that fit well and when they are in the sale are a right bargain! The range is called so fabulous, but I guess everybody knows about it already, if not have a look!

I was buying from home shopping direct at my biggest and yours. But quality from yours is a bit rubbish. I can't even imagine being able to buy from other shops in the high street again. To have choice!

Evans clothes are do out dated and expensive! I was buying from Yours online at my biggest.

I do have size 10 feet though. But they have started moving around a lot in my shoes, so my feet are shrinking. If my feet get small enough, I need never go in Evans ever again :D

My size 9's are now an 8 or a 7 wide in some ! You'll be in 9's before you know it Fuffs. I used to get mine from New Look. They do a good selection of 9's and do them in wide as well. You might find you get lucky in their sales, which are good on line as well.
I love New Look shoes !

Miss Tickle said:
My size 9's are now an 8 or a 7 wide in some ! You'll be in 9's before you know it Fuffs. I used to get mine from New Look. They do a good selection of 9's and do them in wide as well. You might find you get lucky in their sales, which are good on line as well.
I love New Look shoes !

Thanks for that :D you give me hope :D

Back