• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR clothing sizes!

yorkshirelass74

god i am so fed up, i bought a gorgeous pair of jeans from asda a few weeks ago for £16 in the moda section, well now they are too big and i can take them off without undoing them (they are a 22) so i thought i would buy the same jeans (they have got 25% off at the moment too) and stick the others on ebay, well i cant even get the size 20s up to my thigh, do they use different tape measures or do they just guess? i am so chuffed that i dont have to pay through the nose for my jeans from evans at the moment, but i am bleedin fed up that i dont have any jeans either!

Aw dont be fed up hun, sizing is so hit and miss.

My OH got some old clothes out of the loft yesterday and there were some taylored shorts in there size 18 - em I thought these will be nice for my hols. They must be at least 10 years old and I tried them on and the are so small it is ridiculous. Just goes to show I think 18's 10 years ago were smaller than they are today. I am supposedly a 16 now.

Keep the 20's they will fit within a couple of weeks hun.

I know what you mean though. I've got 2 old pairs of jeans from Evans: a black pair with a half elasticated waist (sexy! not!) that are supposed to be loose-fitting - size 26....slightly high waist (yes, they're at least 10 years old LOL), and a white pair: skinny fitting cropped ones, have always been a bit snug...size 22

......the black pair are ok but a bit snug......the white pair are now a little bit loose! From the same shop: the black pair are supposed to be 2 sizes BIGGER than the white ones! So how does that work? :confused:

I think it's guess work!

Try em on if they fit............theyre your size.....simples :D X

lol i cant be bleedin ar*** , i tend to have the baby with me when i am out and about, and its too much faffing, plus, when i take things back, there might be new stuff out!! ;)

it gets confusing dosnt it, cos one minute your a 16, so off you trot to get more stuff, only to find it dont fit, grrrrrrr. i think its guesswork too, it must be wherever theyre made, but then we dont know what flippin size we are, grrr

Years ago i remember size 12 was 26 w size 14 28w and so on. I know what you mean about clothes sizes being different in different shops does my head in. I've found I'm bigger in Asda for some reason, my body shape doesn't agree with that shop eg too low on the waist for me. Its a shame coz the clothing is so reasonably priced xxx

Mona, buy a belt and wait a few weeks before buying more jeans.....

I love my belt as i can still wear my size 24 Evans black trousers for work, however i need a new belt as it's massive now :) xx

Haha - I have a pair of leggins on from Primark that I bought last night. They are pretty tight and a size 18...they were on for 3 hours this morning and split on the leg...I am wearing these tight size 18 leggins with a lovely, flattering fitting size 10 top?!
RANDOM and DONT BUY PRIMARK LEGGINS! Lol

I cant wait to get to a size 22! lol :) you sure the labels right??

Yep am sure, thats what is so maddening, they are exactly the same jeans, just a size smaller, the 24s are getting so big i cant take them off without undoing them, so i thought the 20s would just about fit, but nope, nowhere near!

Mona, buy a belt and wait a few weeks before buying more jeans.....

I love my belt as i can still wear my size 24 Evans black trousers for work, however i need a new belt as it's massive now :) xx
Hiya Julie,
i have invested in a belt, and some of my 24 trousers, i have just moved the button across, but i thought the jeans were lovely and would treat myself to another pair while they were 13 quid, and at least wear something that fits for a while, i might just give up!
xxxx

Back