• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kays post op sleeve diary!

Did they not put you on anti sickness meds, I've go the syrup to take which I believe has helped keep the sickness at bay. Sounds like you are doing the right thing in forcing yourself to eat. I'm still not managing much apArt from water and shakes x

Well I was on a drip on the hospital that helped a lot till it ran out. They gave me a few tablets but they made it worse. I have some Buccastem M which helps a bit but not when it gets severe. Something weird happened to my already hyper sensitive sense of smell so everything is very strong.

Congrats and welcome to losers bench kay!

Sm

Xx

Well done!! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's probably obvious that I have never kept a diary before lol, I know now it was probably for the best as I am absolutely rubbish at it hahaha!

Days 5 and 6 I managed a litre of water and some ultra slim but not much else. I've not needed any pain relief either and wind pain has completely gone, only issue I've had is when I tried a ufit protein shake I literally had to sprint to the loo, tried more a little later and same issue, don't know what that's all about?? seem to be fine with the ultra slim. Still getting tired quickly but I am so amazed at how well I actually feel. My parents bought me a Fitbit watch as a get well pressie and also as a insentive to get myself moving lol so will be setting that up later.

Thanks for the comments people it feels so good to finally be on this side of the op. Xxxx

Great to see you improving each day Kay. :). Keep sipping, I know its hard but we do need those fluids. I am day 8, managed more fluid yesterday than the day before but have to admit feel like I have a big water ballon in my tum. Are you trying anything savoury? .
X

Last edited:
Great to see you improving each day Kay. :). Keep sipping, I know its hard but we do need those fluids. I am day 9, managed more fluid yesterday than the day before but have to admit feel like I have a big water ballon in my tum. Are you trying anything savoury? . X

I just feel so full so quick so getting the fluids in is so hard, saying that I've drank over a litre today already. I've tried some chicken broth (strained of course) but now have no desire to ever try it again even though I really enjoyed it. Think my minds playing tricks on me Lol as it's been the same with everything I've tried. Everything seems to be leaving a horrid after taste as well.

Love your diary so far Kay, welcome to the losers bench :)
The early days are hard at times but you seem to be doing well. It does get easier each day :)

As Susie says, it will get easier. I remember trying to find ways to increase my calorie intake!
One recommendation I was given was to sip, sip and walk, walk... helps the liquid go down easier and quicker I think.

good luck, this will be distant memory very soon.

:) Keep on posting Kayy!! Really interested in reading about your progress and experiences as I am not long behind you. Having my sleeve in July and I am like a swan calm on the surface but panicking underneath. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've lost all track of days lol but think I am day 12 now!
All is going fab, no pain at all and hasn't been for a few days now. I'm not running marathons yet but I'm managing to stay on top of the housework and gradually doing more to help out with my 21 month old and 3.5 yr old. Loving being able to have cuddles from them now my surgical wounds aren't so sore, also started toilet training with my youngest and her favourite phrase is need wee wee at the moment so getting the exercise in going backwards and forward to the loo.
Liquid wise I'm managing a litre of water plus 250ml of protein shake and roughly a qtr of a tin of soup a day. Any ideas on how to up
My calorie intake?

I've lost all track of days lol but think I am day 12 now! All is going fab, no pain at all and hasn't been for a few days now. I'm not running marathons yet but I'm managing to stay on top of the housework and gradually doing more to help out with my 21 month old and 3.5 yr old. Loving being able to have cuddles from them now my surgical wounds aren't so sore, also started toilet training with my youngest and her favourite phrase is need wee wee at the moment so getting the exercise in going backwards and forward to the loo. Liquid wise I'm managing a litre of water plus 250ml of protein shake and roughly a qtr of a tin of soup a day. Any ideas on how to up My calorie intake?

Great to hear from you! Please be careful with lifting weights.. I.e your babies. I was told 2 months no heavy lifting or pulling.

You can stir in some dried skimmed milk powder into your soup for extra protein / cals. Also a milky coffee or hot drink can boost that and also increase your liquids which are a bit low hun.

Hugx

Oh no I'm certainly not lifting them, the thought actually terrifies me, got a little step so little miss climbs up and sits on her little seat thingy herself, very independent is madam haha.

Thanks for the info, will try the milk powder, I've not had a coffee yet as not a huge fan but have bought a Belgian choc options satchel to try.
Feeling a bit scared about starting the purée stage after 4 weeks on liquids.

Oh no I'm certainly not lifting them, the thought actually terrifies me, got a little step so little miss climbs up and sits on her little seat thingy herself, very independent is madam haha. Thanks for the info, will try the milk powder, I've not had a coffee yet as not a huge fan but have bought a Belgian choc options satchel to try. Feeling a bit scared about starting the purée stage after 4 weeks on liquids.

She sounds so cute :) I must have a go at the Options, there's even some in the cupboard, may e as a treat on the evening. I started puree today, only had a readybrek so far but will update my diary with progress. Good luck, I am sure it will be fine, hugx

The options was lovely! How much of the readybrek did you manage? Before surgery I would have polished off two bowls with loads of sugar :(

The options was lovely! How much of the readybrek did you manage? Before surgery I would have polished off two bowls with loads of sugar :(

Just one sachet of the Gingerbread but all of it made with 150ml of ss milk no sugar needed. Check my diary for what happened at lunch lol. Restricted big time.

Will have an Options tomorrow. I am more than a bit scared having anything chocolate based though lol, slippery slope etc. I had a milky coffee but found it a bit sickly again, no way could I add any extra dried skimmed milk to that.

How you doing today?

So on Wednesday evening I started to get a really sore throat, woke up Thursday morning and was burning hot, was too ill to even let anyone know what was wrong with me, spent all day in and out of sleep, hallucinations and all sorts, Thursday night I was awake with cold sweats most of the night and actually thought I may die. Don't know how I managed it but rang a cab and went to my walk in centre in my pjs may I add (the shame) high temp of 40 and turns out I've got streptococcal tonsillitis, my gosh surgery and recovery was a doddle in comparison. Feeling slightly better now but still not managing much other than nas squash and the antibiotics and paracetamol meds, spoke to the the baristric nurse and she said this is fine for now just important to stay hydrated.
Weighed myself today and in the 16 days since surgery I've lost 1 stone 2lbs! So shocked but more than happy :)

So on Wednesday evening I started to get a really sore throat, woke up Thursday morning and was burning hot, was too ill to even let anyone know what was wrong with me, spent all day in and out of sleep, hallucinations and all sorts, Thursday night I was awake with cold sweats most of the night and actually thought I may die. Don't know how I managed it but rang a cab and went to my walk in centre in my pjs may I add (the shame) high temp of 40 and turns out I've got streptococcal tonsillitis, my gosh surgery and recovery was a doddle in comparison. Feeling slightly better now but still not managing much other than nas squash and the antibiotics and paracetamol meds, spoke to the the baristric nurse and she said this is fine for now just important to stay hydrated. Weighed myself today and in the 16 days since surgery I've lost 1 stone 2lbs! So shocked but more than happy :)

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly Kay. Hope you are now on the mend and getting sufficient fluids in. Your weight loss is great but the important part now is health hun. Take care hugx

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly Kay. Hope you are now on the mend and getting sufficient fluids in. Your weight loss is great but the important part now is health hun. Take care hugx

Thanks for your constant support you've been fab from the start, heading over to check on your progress now xx

Have just been catching up with your journey, Kayy. I am so pleased that the surgery and your recovery are going okay. But the tonsillitis sucks!!
Hope you feel loads better soon :) Be sure to keep us updated x

Back