• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MY TOTM'S GONE AWOL???!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi all, i had my bypass 7 months ago and my periods have been very regular since, this month they seemed to have vanished! I'm about 9 days over but have been having the normal period pains, also i weighed myself and for the first time since my op i've put on weight even though it was only a pound, as anyone else experienced this and if i just skipped a period would i still have the pains? P.S i'm defo not pregnant!!!!

I wish i could find the humour in myself to make a joke about the virgin who was pregnant this time so many thousands of years ago, unfortunately my humour has temporarily gone AWOL...

I'd leave it a few weeks and if no period and really no chance you may be pregnant then get off to the docs.... but i am pre op and someone post op will probably have experience of this for you xx

when im due on the week before all i want is choc (when im normally a crisp kinda gal) and i put on 7lbs! i dont lose it till 2 days after ive finished either... if you have the pains it must be on the way. worrying about it will keep it away longer! xx

I went to see my GP the other week with my TOTM. Since surgery mine have been lasting 2 weeks so he has put me on the Yasmin pill to sort it out. He says hormonal imbalances are really common in ladies that have had wls. He said that we have hormone receptors all over our bodies and with the fat it takes more for hormones to reach their targets so when we start to shrink the receptors get the full force of the hormones and so we feel them by everything going potty!

Hope you can follow this lol.

I'm sure it will turn up eventually - changes in your diet may well have confused your cycle - if you are bloated, boobs sore all the rest, I'm sure it will be along pretty soon ( when you least expect it probably) x

Hi Lisa,

Im currently 8 weeks post op also a sufferer of PCOS and since the op i am on every 28 days but during these days i dont lose any weight as I can be bloated during this time.

If you are having all the other symptons I would guess you wil start soon and because of your weight loss your body is just not playing nice.

Why dont you book an appointment with your GP to put your mind at rest.

Nat x x

Thanks for all your advice, i will leave it a few days and see what happens. It just seems abit weird as i've been more regular since my op! maybe im going back to my old ways! x

My totm went completly, well for 4 month that is. I had my op on the 10th July had a period aug and that was it:eek: until this month and I went back to normal. My weight wasnt coming off the way I liked it was very slow whilst experiencing no periods, I went to my G.P for hormone replacements thinking it was my age but then he said you can gain weight with them:eek: omg I was distraught. But then the inevatable happened and they came back and now the weight seems to be dropping off faster than before. I guess yes!! it was the hormone ballance . By the way my totm was like clockwork before my op exactly every 4 weeks. Gail xx

Back