• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My very first five day pouch test!!!!

simplylucy

A few bad habits have crept up upon me so here goes!

Day one is tomorrow!

My work lunch bag has 2 cup a soups in it!!!

I'll keep you all informed with my daily menus!

simplylucy said:
A few bad habits have crept up upon me so here goes!

Day one is tomorrow!

My work lunch bag has 2 cup a soups in it!!!

I'll keep you all informed with my daily menus!

Aw bless ya, keep going hun Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Cup a soups aren't really 5dpt recommended, it's supposed to be liquid protein so either protein shakes or proper protein based soups (there are recipes on the website). Cup a soups are nutritionally useless and packed full of salt unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

If you can get to a shop tinned beef consommé or chicken soup would be better. Sorry!

I'd be intested to know if the 5 day pouch is good for rebooting weightloss again if you have started to plateau?
Any advice
Thanks

It does tend to kick start weight loss, but the idea of it is to break bad habits and get back into the right way of eating. The idea is that at the end of it every day is day 5, not that you do it then go back to bad habits. The website is very good, lots of info and recipes.

What purpose does the 5 day pouch test have. I've seen a few people doing it. Would it be worth trying as a boost to start losing weight again during a plateau.

Thanks
Kate x

It would be better termed as the 5 day pouch/behaviour reset rather than test. It doesn't shrink your pouch as some people mistakenly believe it merely as Shellbell says gives you five days where you can break the bad habits that you might have slipped into as you get further out from surgery.

It is not necessary for anyone less than 18 months or so out, and any weight loss in just five days is likely to be just fluid.

Think about it to lose a pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume, so those who lose four or five pounds in the five days would have to have burned 17,500 calories more than they consumed. So the bulk of the weight loss is fluid and goes straight back on once normal eating is resumed.

Its not designed for stalls as more often than not stalls are caused by you not eating enough rather than too much so the 5DPT would make matters worse if that was the case.

Back