• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MY WEIGHT LOSS AND THOUGHTS

Amrac1

Hi all,
I've lost 4 stone!!! I an so excited- yes I know I need and want to lose another 9stone 6lbs but for me this is a fantastic achievement. Also my diabetes has 'gone'!!! The gastric bypass surgery on March 2nd has saved my life. Yes I know this sound melodramatic but all of you know what I mean.
I start solid food on Friday so am a bit nervous about that. But I will heed the good advice of all of you and 'listen to my pouch'. What foods should I start with? I dont seem to be able to tolerate red meat at the moment - it just doesnt seem to go down or sit comfortably. So I'm avoiding it.
The most amazing thing is the craving for chocolate and diet coke has gone. My children sat on my lap on Sunday eating easter eggs and I felt like gagging. Pre-op I would of scoffed aloth of their eggs!
The downside for me is the constant feeling cold. But hey small price i think!!

Well done, thats fantastic!

Enjoy introducing 'solid' food on Friday, cant offer you any advice re what to have as Im a bander but Im sure someone will be along soon x

Well done on the fantastic loss, you must feel great!

As for solids to start off with, I started with minced beef, turkey & chicken then moved up to the solid versions of all. For lunches at work I took in Mackerel in tomato sauce or slices of ham with a bit of cheese rolled up in the middle. Prawns are a great source of protein and quiet easy to get down.

I've not had a spud since before my op, not really fancied them, so I have veg or salad with most
meals.

For breakfast I try and eat a boiled egg (read somewhere that eggs for breakfast are good as they take a long time to digest), but mostly start my day with a milky coffee.

The only thing that has made me sick so far is lamb, but as I love the stuff, I'm not giving up on it!

The most important thing is no fluids before or after food (30 mins minimum) and when you think you've finished chewing, chew some more! lol

Good luck, is so great when you get to use your teeth again x

:)Great news-fab progress:)

enjoy your "solids"

That is a terrific loss! Well done and good luck with the rest of your journey xx

Well done , thats a great loss

Wow, just want to add my congratulations, you are doing so well and must be over the moon, xxxxxxx

well done enjoy the solid food i'll be joining you fairly shortly i hope got another week on fluids then 4 weeks pureed if can last that long

xx

Well done. It is all worth it when you test your blood sugar levels and realise that they are normal. Nice feeling.

Back