• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My thoughts/feelings pre op

charliegirl

After a very busy but enjoyable day I am now starting to feel very excited. Met some lovely nurses at the Spire and we ended up laughing so much they labelled me as "trouble". Spent the afternoon having my final meal a lovely carvery without the roasties :)(), as the nurse said "go and eat". I go in at 10am on saturday and they said I should have my op around lunch time. Louisa has ensured Mr Ammori has my file and he has to report back to her on how it went. She has been my little guardian angel. I had a chat with my son and told him I felt he either did not care or was scared that he thought this was wrong for me and it turns out he is scared he wont look after me properly, he thinks I am under estimating how bad I will be after and I think its the first time he has had real responsiblity. Not heard back from my daughter after the text I sent, no good wishes nothing. Think this says more about her than me but I will deal with that another time. I have completed all my paperwork and tomorrow I will follow HC's lead and make and freeze soup. My neighbours are going to rally around for the first few days as my son will also be working and I have help a few doors and a phone call away if needed. My best friend is taking and collecting me and I know she is the best person for the job as she cares. I always sleep with one of my cats on the bed (I can hear some of you tut lol) and it will be strange not to have her there but its not for long and I am sure I need her more than she needs me. For anyone thinking about this surgery I know in my heart that its the right thing for me, if I had had doubts I would never of got this far I belive 100% it is right for me. I am truly blessed...I look forward to being a loser but more than anything I look forward to being handed my life back to start enjoying again, what a year 2009 is going to be and it will be MY year....sorry if I have missed anyone's posts that are going for consultations or ops, I have tried to keep up and I wish every one the very best of luck....xx

Last edited:
Hope everything is excellent for you - look forward to hearing from you when you are on the loosing side

M

Hi

Just want to say all the very best for Saturday but I know you will be fine. Make sure you get plenty of rest though and I'm in Lancashire so if you need any help give me a shout xxx

You have the perfect attitide - PMA POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE, for going into surgery and I wish you all the very best.

I can catagorically say that it isn't as bad as you think its going to be.

I am sat here sucking on frozen pureed pineapple and it is LURVLY.

I cheated on the soup and bought Covent Garden Soups - fresh soups found in the chiller cabinet in carton's. Again LURVLY.

Aww Linda, thank you for sharing that with us. I'm so glad it's happening for you.

I'm really glad you had a chat with your son. I can't comment on your daughter, it's a tough one, and you know of the problems i have with my mum and her lack of contact.

I wish you the very best of luck. You're going to be fine post op, and very soon you're going to be a new woman!!

xxx

Oh CharlieGirl, I am so glad that you will have your day and I am just a ring away if you need me. The best wishes that everything goes perfect and don't worry about anything.

:D:D:D:p:p:p:cool::cool::cool::):):)

good luck linda !!! saturday is the 1st day of your new life ! we will all be thinking of you and awaiting your threads as a looser !
good luck hunny u deserve this so much x

liz x

:hug99: am really excited for you Linda, can't wait till Saturday!

Wow Linda, I can't believe your time is nearly here - just wishing you lots of luck for Sat (not that you need it!) all will be well and you will join us all on the losing side. Stay positive hun, I am so thrilled for you that it is all happening at last xxxxx

I knew you were a loser the first time we met. I will be here for. What ever I can do for you I will. Sending you my love and best wishes.

Wow should really keep up more on here been so busy:)

But

After all the heart ache and ups and downs ,its finally here

Good luck

Sat is the 1st day of your new life (and you get in before your birthday,So 50 and new life :D )

lots of love and best wishes to a lovely lady

Will be thinking of you on Saturday
Irene x

Hi Linda

I must of missed something somewhere, didn't realise you had a date....... good luck hunny, here for you if you need me.... you got my numberxxxx

All the best Charlie Girl!

Just to wish you all the best for tomorrow,hope everything goes like clockwork and you are back telling us all about it.Bet you wont sleep tonight!! B&B x:talk017::wavey:

Absolutely love the ticker - all those contented looking cats and you will look just as contented once Sunday comes and your new life begins.

M

Ah thanks so much, anyone would think I was going on holiday I am so excited cant stop smiling....woke really early this morning and done lots to get prepared and my eyes lids are closing now at 5pm!!! I have to do more things yet but hope to settle on the sofa with my little cats (bet your cant tell I am cat mad) and relax as I think come 3am I will be wide awake, cos I know the fat is going I feel the old me is coming out already....I am buzzin.....xx

Good luck for tomorrow Linda, hope everything goes well for you :) Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it!

Back