• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

N H S Waiting List

I'm sure you'll be fine! Many people have depression at some point in their lives. Me included. The hospital also has booklets on each procedure which explains all the pros and cons. If you live nearby pop in and ask at the Pattison Centre reception. Or call and they may be able to post them all out to you xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'll drop by on Tuesday and ask! Thank you Helen ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I saw dr Shaw today and she wants me to read a self help book and keep a diary! I feel so deflated! I suffered from a trauma at the age of 12 and the weight kept creeping up since then. I just feel like I'm being punished for what happened to me as a kid. I honestly regret being very honest during the review.

I'm going back to see her in 4 weeks. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I saw dr Shaw today and she wants me to read a self help book and keep a diary! I feel so deflated! I suffered from a trauma at the age of 12 and the weight kept creeping up since then. I just feel like I'm being punished for what happened to me as a kid. I honestly regret being very honest during the review.

I'm going back to see her in 4 weeks. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Sorry to hear this.

You're in the system now and if they set you some hoops, just jump through them... 4 weeks will go by! xx

Good luck with everything xx

The same thing happened to me and I was a little frustrated by the delay in the process. With hindsight though, it does help as it is better to tackle issues such as reasons for depression, comfort eating, etc before surgery. It helps to plan strategies for difficult times or 'trigger' events. So go with the flow - it will happen soon. X

I think it depends on the hospital but they are all supposed to aim for a max of 18 weeks once they agree to the surgery.

I was under St. Georges in Tooting and was given the go ahead in June 2014 and then a surgery date of 23rd August 2014 but I think this was because they had another hospital (St. Anthony's) where they could do a lot of people on their list and therefore, shorten the waiting time.

Back