• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Are you on the waiting list at sunderland?

newcy

I apologise for this being such a nosey thread BUT I'm letting my neurotic streak get the better of me today!

I know Sunderland are doing a great job and while there's been a few problems with dietician/surgeon appointments lately, they are still doing high volumes of surgery. However, considering the number of people they're operating on, there doesn't seem to be that many of us on here who are on the waiting list at the moment.

I went on the list in December and I know there were a couple of others but I'm just wondering if there are many more? X

Hi Natalie, that's great! You're about 6 weeks ahead of me then.

I've been told 'officially' that it will be a max of 6 months but 'unofficially' they're working at less than 4 months at the moment.

As far as I can tell most of the people who went on the list in october have had op dates for Jan/Feb. I've got my fingers crossed for about April??? Although it seems to change everyday.

I have to say I feel so positive at the moment as at least I know it will be sometime this year x

im a sunderland patient but still waiting to go on list :(

You'll get there hun - its amazing how quickly the time goes by x

hope so newcy x

Hi there Newcy, I have been waiting since July last year. My next appointment is with my consultant Mr mahawar, in June. Then I will find out when my opp will be. My cancelled appointment was april.

Good Luck to everyone waiting for there ops at SRH, it will be ur turn soon enough.

Also does anyone attend the monthly meetings in the education village? I've never been b4 but thinking about going xx

newcy said:

I've been told 'officially' that it will be a max of 6 months but 'unofficially' they're working at less than 4 months at the moment.

As far as I can tell most of the people who went on the list in october have had op dates for Jan/Feb. I've got my fingers crossed for about April??? Although it seems to change everyday.

I have to say I feel so positive at the moment as at least I know it will be sometime this year x

Hi, I've found my letters so I can give u my dates (I'm a Sunderland patient as u know) I got my first date wrong it was the 05/10/2011 I had my last appointment with the surgeon, I went straight on to the waiting list as didn't need the endo. I was offered a cancellations on the 10/12/2012 then 29/12/2012 and then 10/01/2012. They were all very short notice and due to work commitments I couldnt accept these dates I know have my op booked for 03/02/2012 this was not a cancellation it was my turn :) so for me it's been 4 months but cud have been only 2 months :) xxx

Hi there Newcy, I have been waiting since July last year. My next appointment is with my consultant Mr mahawar, in June. Then I will find out when my opp will be. My cancelled appointment was april.

Hi Caraline, sorry about your canx appointment but the time will fly by and hopefully you won't have too long to wait once you've seen the surgeon.

Good Luck to everyone waiting for there ops at SRH, it will be ur turn soon enough.

Also does anyone attend the monthly meetings in the education village? I've never been b4 but thinking about going xx

Thanks hun. I have never attended but might do post-op if other post-oppers go. Glad to see you're doing so well x

Yeah Ive been told I'm looking at feb/April time so u never no we might be having our ops around the same time :) I'm so excited and nervous but I really can't wait :) xx

Hi, I've found my letters so I can give u my dates (I'm a Sunderland patient as u know) I got my first date wrong it was the 05/10/2011 I had my last appointment with the surgeon, I went straight on to the waiting list as didn't need the endo. I was offered a cancellations on the 10/12/2012 then 29/12/2012 and then 10/01/2012. They were all very short notice and due to work commitments I couldnt accept these dates I know have my op booked for 03/02/2012 this was not a cancellation it was my turn :) so for me it's been 4 months but cud have been only 2 months :) xxx

They seem to get more cancellations before xmas. That fits exactly with the 4 month wait so I hope it stays that way and I might just manage to get it in April - Oh please... Xxx

Yeah Ive been told I'm looking at feb/April time so u never no we might be having our ops around the same time :) I'm so excited and nervous but I really can't wait :) xx

Yey!!! Oh I do hope so hun :D I'm sooo excited and not even slightly nervous. In the back of my mind I'm worried about the risks but I can hardly hear my neurotic voice for the manic voice screaming with excitement x

newcy said:
They seem to get more cancellations before xmas. That fits exactly with the 4 month wait so I hope it stays that way and I might just manage to get it in April - Oh please... Xxx

Yeah think if people have planned Xmas then there op comes up they put it off for a while. Yeah ur looking at April maybe earlier if u can take any cancellations that might pop up xx

I'm SO glad to have read this. I am right behind you newcy - I have my endo on Jan 19th. I was told June for my op, which would be great.
BUT - I keep getting my hopes up that it might be earlier. I am getting a teeny bit obsessed and checking this site!
I will be watching your posts closely - :) Double the reason to hope yours comes soon. x

Yeah ur looking at April maybe earlier if u can take any cancellations that might pop up xx

Don't want to build my hopes up but that would be great X

I'm SO glad to have read this. I am right behind you newcy - I have my endo on Jan 19th. I was told June for my op, which would be great.
BUT - I keep getting my hopes up that it might be earlier. I am getting a teeny bit obsessed and checking this site!
I will be watching your posts closely - :) Double the reason to hope yours comes soon. x

You're not far behind at all - we should have dates pretty close together and be on our just in time for summer X

Bring it on!

And just imagine how fab we will all look NEXT summer.

:):)

I had my endoscopy and went on the list on Dec 8th :) Am going to New York for a week at the beginning of April so am hoping any date. I am offered is not too close to that date otherwise I might have to postpone till after then :(

Last edited:
I had my endoscopy and went on the list on Dec 8th :) Am going to New York for a week at the beginning of April so am hoping any date. I am offered is not too close to that date otherwise I might have to postpone till after then :(

It looks like there are a group of us within a few weeks of each other.

I love New York - very jealous! I hope you get a date that doesn't clash with your trip x

Does anybody go to the support groups at sunderland? I would like to go but it's quite a drive from where I live :( xxx

Back