• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nationwide timescale

Nationwide referral poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 8 weeks or longer

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Hi there just wanted to share my journey & timescale with you guys (hope you don't mind). I'm with aintree hospital Liverpool, I've been going there for 11 months & started off by seeing my consultant who has been fantastic, I asked straight out what happens next & he told me there and them I would have to be with them at least 12 months. I saw the dietician and psychiatrist on the same day.. I didn't have a particular target they just wanted to see any form of weight loss. I attended an education session and support group and my last appointment was July 8th 2015 I had lost 9.4kg! I have been approved for surgery and am having my pre-op on 11th of September. I'm scared, excited and nervous but I know I'm doing the right thing for me and my family. So sorry for the long post but I wanted to share my timescale with you guys xx

Hi im currently with aintree LOSS ive just finished my 12 months with them and lost 2 stone so far! I had the educational day and my support session this week and have my final gp session next week i hope i get a date soon fingers crossed its not long off

How did your operation go hayley?

It's still about that.. I was referred in may! Keep positive though! The time flies by really! Xx

It's still about that.. I was referred in may! Keep positive though! The time flies by really! Xx

Booooooo lol, well ill keep trudging forward like walking through mud lol, i will also ask when i go in feb about waiting times doing a bit of the milk diet to refresh my brain slipped into old habbits over christmas so need a boost. hopefully they wont tell me off for using it. ??

I wish we only had 8 months wait down here, my first appointment was last March and I was told that it'd be 18 months minimum, now heard from someone else who finished the assessment process in September and she has been told another year on top until she has her op!

It's amazing how one part of the country differs so greatly can differ so much isn't it! Best of luck with your journey xx

I know, I think it would be helpful for people going through it to go through a more consistent tier programme, there are people I have spoken to that haven't done the tier 3, so can't be a nationwide requirement. It's all so different in every place that offers the service and it confuses and misleads people.. I've found some info on here very helpful and some not so as it is such a contrast in what people are and have experienced, depending on the hospitals and the weight management programmes! Xx

I'm at st Mary London got referred to tier 4 in October had group session then January met surgeons etc sign consent March physiologist and have just been referred to mdt now is a waiting game again been advise that's about 7 weeks then approx 6 months for surgery

I was referred by my Gp to a community dietician last summer and then she referred me to Lewisham Hospital in Nov 15. Not only do timescales vary from area to area... We've been told it's from patient to patient too! I have no additional health issues but my bmi was 50+ at referral so I've been told I would be considered quicker than someone with a lower bmi.

I was told by the nurse that I would be discussed at the next mdt and received a letter yesterday to meet with them again in June so maybe the news I'm waiting for.

I attend a support group at the hospital and we were told general waiting times are between 6 to 18 months depending on the individual circumstances.

Back