• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting time for tier 3

Good Luck with your weight loss journeys. Its the waiting that is the worse thing. Every area of the country seems to do things different but I hope it is not too long for anyone because I know myself, being inpatient as I am, thats the worst part of it all the waiting

Ooh exciting stuff x have you lost much weight during tier 3 ? I cant wait to go on Friday x

I have lost nearly 4.5 stones, hoping to get to 5 stones but not sure that I will. The first 8 weeks I was on milk alone and it was the easiest diet I have ever done, as there was no choice, I lost 2.5 stones in that time. I wish you lots of luck, I'll be interested to know how you get on and to found out what the team are like there

Well i am fasting now till my appointment tomorrow at 11am only sips of water allowed x cant wait but also dreading to find out what they say x i keep panicking im not big enough and they wont help me but i know thats rubbish cos i wouldnt be going otherwise x #mindgames

Each stage is as nerving as the next.i travel for my op this Sunday.counting hours now rather than days..bring it on.

Hi sorry for late reply been absolutely mad !! Well all went good had bloods done all measurements taken then got to keep a food diary for a month then go back possibly to discuss the milk diet ....

Wow Jooz ..... Discussing the milk diet?? Does that mean things are going to move really quick??? What did they say about the surgery?? Have you got the ok?? Not sure how it all works!!!

Each stage is as nerving as the next.i travel for my op this Sunday.counting hours now rather than days..bring it on.

Good luck

Hi x she said the milk diet is really good at helping you recognise the full feeling so just something to try x think its still def a year doing tier 3 unless blood tests show up something x

Hi x she said the milk diet is really good at helping you recognise the full feeling so just something to try x think its still def a year doing tier 3 unless blood tests show up something x

Hi jooz .... Well first appointment under your cap! Are you pleased with the way it went??? I'm still waiting for the letter that she said was to be sent out to my doctor. I guess it has only been 10 days so there is time yet!! I'm hoping when it does arrive it might give just a bit more information to what lies ahead. In the meantime I am trying to eat healthy and trying to keep active. The dietician said it would be good to lose 5lb by my next appointment....... Which shouldn't be a problem...... What have they asked of you???

Hi i feel ok and its like 11 appointments left lol x she didnt really ask any weight loss just to write everything down and eat 3 meals a day cos hopefully the diary will show where i am going wrong. Who knows x fingers crossed you get your letter soon. Xx

Well my letter came through. It is quite detailed saying about everything I have tried and done to lose weight. It says that I have agreed to attend meetings for 12 months minimum prior to a referral being made. Thought I might have got away with 6 months because of Diabetis and having BMI of 44.5... But that is not meant to be! So .... back to the norm of diets and trying not to put anymore weight on... I'm a bit disappointed..... but 11 more appointments to go ... Got to live with it and as I have said before... At least I am in the system!

Finished my Tier 3 two weeks ago (6 months long as my BMI was over 50) after my GP got approval of funding he sent referral to Luton & Dunstable hospital for an appointment for the MDT. Pleased as punch as got my appointment through today for the 11th December, one for the morning for the Obesity Assessment Clinic and one in the afternoon to see someone from the General Surgery Team.

Five weeks on Thursday, I'm so excited as it will have been 2.5 years since my GP suggested surgery and put me on this journey.

Finished my Tier 3 two weeks ago (6 months long as my BMI was over 50) after my GP got approval of funding he sent referral to Luton & Dunstable hospital for an appointment for the MDT. Pleased as punch as got my appointment through today for the 11th December, one for the morning for the Obesity Assessment Clinic and one in the afternoon to see someone from the General Surgery Team. Five weeks on Thursday, I'm so excited as it will have been 2.5 years since my GP suggested surgery and put me on this journey.

Well done Sundowner ...... Looks like your nearly there!! Hope you get a date soon ..... I'm ages off yet but still positive!

Little steps little steps we will get there in the end xx

How you getting on Jooz??? I have just got back from my 2nd appointment .... Same as before really ..... Just discussing my eating habits and exercise levels... And a weigh in! Second one out of the way ... Another ten to go!!

Hi xxx
Had my second app yesterday x really struggled with the food diary and told them x my weight was the same which was good as I hadn't been asked to do anything.

Bloods were perfect so now on the milk liquid diet day one nearly iver so all good x

What have the asked you to do x

Hi jooz

I have just been asked to make changes to my life style .... Got to eat breakfast before I go to work - which might happen 1 times out of five - ..... Got to sit down for half an hour at a table to eat my meals ...... she obviously doesn't have kids!!! And exercise at least 3 times a week...... The aim is lose a pound a week. Two weeks since my last appointment and I know I am not doing well ..... Going to try to knuckle down..... Booked a holiday to the Maldives for my 50th birthday in 40 weeks time which you think would give me a kick up the rear ... In theory I could easily lose 40 pounds between now and then (which will make the flight a lot more comfortable..... and I wouldn't look as much of a whale 40 pounds lighter) and then everyone would be happy! Need to get my head in the right place and try really hard.... It's all down to me!! Ten appointments to go!!

Do you have to do 6 or 12 appointments??? I don't really feel I am getting much help. It's all stuff I know I should be doing..... But it is a constant battle with me and food :-(

Hope your coping better x

Back