• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nausea and taste

mandyl

can anyone reccomend anything to help with the horrible sickness, only feel it not actually being sick . got cyclizine tabs which help but arent brill all the time.
also anything that will help with the disgusting taste i have in my mouth all the time.
some of the sick feeling could be constipation which we are dealing with but im sure if i could get rid of that feeling id feel so much better. thanks x

Mandy I had a horrid taste and a furry tongue (yuk)

Its because we are eating so little when newly post op and our body goes into ketosis (fat burning mode). Its one of the horrid side effects, but it will get better as the amount you can drink - and then eat increases.

The only remedy really is cleaning your teeth several times a day. Hope this helps hun x

I carry some mint mouth spray with me and brush my teeth at least three times a day at the moment as I feel my breath is gross.

Mand, for the sickness you can have other anti-sickness medications alongside Cyclizine, you know. There's one called Ondansetron or another called Domperidone, ask your GP and he may prescribe one of these for you to have alongside the Cyclizine. Soz for sounding like a smart-arse but most of the patients who come through my ward are suffering from sickness.

Make sure you drinks lots of water, too. Sip sip sip all day if you can. It will help with the taste in your mouth and keep you hydrated. Mxx

Oooh Mandy, did you get the word Sambuca used? Ketosis, fat burning? your shrinking already, fabulous. Follow the advice of the lovely ladies above (crosses my fingers none of the blokes have posted whilst i typed) and i look forward to seeing a lot less of your moped and a lot less of you too xx

Morning Mandy cant help with the mouth like ghandi's flip flop im afraid but just wanted to say thanks for the new profile pic fab was wondering how a moped managed to type all those posts.......

Hun, I had the yucky tongue thing too, I was told to drink more fluids as I was probably dehydrated. It does go away I promise, not sure if it was the getting more fluids in, the mint mouth spray I used, the probiotic mints I used or just plain time and healing. Hope it improves for you, if any remedies work please share so many one less person can suffer from yuck tongue/taste syndrome!

Hugs,
Nic;)

From experience when i did far 2 many vlcd diets and u r in a state of ketosis. i know from experience if you are not drinking enough then def the horrible taste kind of metal taste lingers but def if u up ur water that def will soon go.

So Mandy just up ur water you should be drinking a min of 2 litres a day and the taste will go.
I am very bad a drinking water so wat i do now is that i have bought 2 one litre bottles of water the one with the sports top on it and i fill them up with sugar free squash and keep one out and put the other in the fridge, i then keep it by my side and just drink it during the morning then once its finished leave it on the side in my kitchen, that way by the end of the day i know that i have def drunk 2 ltrs of fluids.
Hope this tips helps ya and u start to feel better soon, also as u r having probs with constipation which could very well be caused by the codine which is know for causing constipation, but also if you are not drinking enough that also can cause constipation.
Take care xx

Taste in the mouth: chewing parsley can help, natural yoghurt, brushing teeth and tongue, mint tea. These are some ideas to add to the much better ones provided by everyone else. Hope you feel a lot better soon x

hi again docs now think she has a hernia will have a ct tomorrow and i will update as i know anymore.
cheers

Back