• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad taste

sylvercraft

Does anyone have the answer to a really bad taste all the time. No matter what I try, I have a horrible taste and feel sickly quite a lot. I am 5 weeks post-op and first week on puree.
I have tried different foods with no problems eating but everything tastes horrible and I can't find a drink that tastes good - tried hot and cold Vimto, Ribena, Lemon/Lime. I don't drink tea and coffee tastes horrible now.
I got oral thrush on week 3 that didn't help but medication got rid of that.
Has anyone else suffered with this problem and if you solved it - how, please!!!!
Thank You.
Syl x :help2:

i find it easier to drink with ice cubes in the drinks, i dont know why but its the only way i can drink now - i used to be a living tea pot before the op but i just cannot tolerate tea at the moment i find orange juice with ice in is really good if i just sip it - hope that will help a bit? i also had to get anti sick pills from the doc as i couldnt eat i only took two of them and the sickness went so that may help too x

Does anyone have the answer to a really bad taste all the time. No matter what I try, I have a horrible taste and feel sickly quite a lot. I am 5 weeks post-op and first week on puree.
I have tried different foods with no problems eating but everything tastes horrible and I can't find a drink that tastes good - tried hot and cold Vimto, Ribena, Lemon/Lime. I don't drink tea and coffee tastes horrible now.
I got oral thrush on week 3 that didn't help but medication got rid of that.
Has anyone else suffered with this problem and if you solved it - how, please!!!!
Thank You.
Syl x :help2:

hiya i am on pureed and im in week four... ive been on pureed since day 10... and i had a horid taste in my mouth too... i think its to do with all the liqiuds soups and milky drinks... but it starts to go whn you get into the pureed stage... ive got thrush the other end at the mo... so ive been drinking cranberry light diluted with the same amount of water... and i gotta say that is quite nice to drink... ive also been drinking lots of decaffinated tea xx

Back