• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly a year after my gastric bypass

deepblue

Can anyone tell me is there a way of getting that new restriction feeling back I have heard of the 5 day test does it actualy work ? just need a kick up my :kissass:

i think theres one with cottage cheese, shelbel knows she posted a link if u could find it.....

how have u done?.. im only a week out.... haha hoping to feel better soon...

It will be interesting to watch this post to see if it really works

Yes, the 5 day pouch test does work. Gives you a kick up the backside to get rid of bad habits, reaffirm restriction, and get back on track. Read it up properly first, so you understand the stages properly, and follow it to the letter.

The cottage cheese test is to check pouch size.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

For me its either 5 day pouch test or weightwatchers. Never ever thought I'd consider slimming clubs again but I'm so desperate to get to target and barely lose anything these days and i'm totally fed up

Before you pay out for weight watchers give the pouch test a proper go, but don't see it as 5 days. If you follow the plan properly, every day after is day 5. In other words, you should aim to eat as you would on day 5 for the rest of your life. Some people see it as a quick weight loss, and a temporary thing, then go straight back to bad habits on day 6. If you look at the pouch test properly, it's not actually about weight loss, although that is an added bonus, it's about eating the right way post op and getting yourself out of bad habits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The 5DPT doesn't shrink your pouch, it merely breaks the cycle of poor food choices you might have been making for five days giving you a chance to get back into good eating habits

I am currently on day one of the 5 day pouch test as i am aware of old habits creeping back in and I want to nip it in the bud asap or I will end up putting weight back on and I do not want to do that so I will keep you informed as to how I am doing. So far day one of fluids has been ok strangely enough I thought it would be difficult but I have quite enjoyed it I felt a sense of control back which I liked

Going to give the 5 day thing a go will start on Monday so will keep updating how it goes hope I get the control back wish there was a way to shrink the pouch back to day one if you know what I mean I hated eating anything at the start

I'm on day 2 of the 5 day pouch test today. Just wanted to give myself a kick up the backside and spend time thinking about my food choices. I'd got into a cycle of slider foods and less solid protein lately and want to get back on track.

I'm on day 2 of the 5 day pouch test today. Just wanted to give myself a kick up the backside and spend time thinking about my food choices. I'd got into a cycle of slider foods and less solid protein lately and want to get back on track.

Same here and I am just at the end of day 2 and it has gone ok had a few hunger pangs but had a protein shake and that stopped it. :rolleyes:

Back