• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PAIN WHEN IM EATING

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi everyone

im now 7 wks post bypass op and am doing great no nausea or sickness. I went from liquids to pureed to soft food really well and have now gradually started normal food. Everythings been fine apart from the last few days ive really had trouble eating, after eating a couple of mouthfuls i start getting this pain in my chest(between my boobs)its as if somethings squeezing the food then it relaxes for awhile then tightens again its horrible! It is food that ive eaten before ok, today when it happend i stopped eating straight away and i did a couple of burps! Do you think it may be wind causing the problem or should i go back to pureed/soft food for afew days?

It sounds like trapped wind in your pouch, and is caused by eating too quickly and/or taking too big mouthfuls. You should be taking bites the size of the rubber on top of a pencil and chewing thoroughly. If your meal is still warm at the end you're eating too fast ;)

thanks shel i think its probably me taking to bigger mouthfuls. i had natural yogurt for breakfast which went down fine would this be the case if it is trapped wind?

Yup, it's a lot easier to get the wind pains on solid then it is on purees. This is why a lot of people think they can't eat certain foods once they get on to solids again, in a lot of cases (not all) it's more the way they are eating rather than what.

thank you :)

tonight i had a little omlette, baked beans and a bit of bacon-it went down a treat! ;)

Back