• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

oh no i want to eat less

suesian

hi i tried mash today with a little skimmed milk i was hoping a couple of teaspoons would fill me but no i could eat the lot and did grrrrrrrrrrr and could still carried on i have had no side affects and am now worried my bypass isnt working properly any advice gratefully recieved how much should i be able to eat?

i was the same to start with, now my food is mashed rather then puree and i'm not being able to have half as much, hope this helps

Susiean don't worry you'll find when you move onto solids and are having meat n veg along with the mash your portions will get smaller, believe me!

It's hard at the beginning to know how much you should be having... I would suggest have a couple of tbsps and if you're still hungry 30 minutes later maybe have a bit more!

On days when i don't eat much 'solid' food i find i seem to eat loads, drives me nuts! Especially with having a couple of weeks of stalls grrr...

Keep on trucking girl you are doing fine :) xx

Hiya, we had our op the same day. I have been eating a few tablespoons of mash each evening, either with gravy or grated cheese. Tonight I had some cod in butter sauce, and it went down fine, then had a sugar free jelly for dessert xxxx

Put it this way, how much would you have eaten if you hadn't had your op? Don't worry, I was worried that I could manage half a tin of soup in one sitting, and I still lost weight (still losing), compared to how much you used to eat, it's miniscule.

don't be pre-occupied with how much you're eating, if you eat too much you'll know about it!! just be glad you're getting it in there, the minute amount of calories you're eating is nowt to worry about, the other thing to remember as already stated is puree'd food is very much a slider food, it'll go down relatively easy, when the food becomes more solid, there'll be alot more feeling of restriction, keep up the good work and don't worry so much ;)

Susiean you will do fine, do not worry xx

Back