• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need help please

pinkylin

im off for my assesment on thursday next week and i was feelin a bit sneezey today and im just hopin im not comin down with a cold agggggggghhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo would this stop me from going to my appointment? Do you think i should start takin echineaca or would this affect me blood tests? any help would be great tar lin.x

Hi Pinkylin
I'm not sure we don't all get colds with stress there have been a few of us on here that have had colds just before crucial apts or surgery itself. Don't worry too much you still have a full week just treat it as you would normally plenty of fluids and cold remedies and all shoild be fine x

tar hun i will do lol plenty of vit c and maybe a lil echineaca prob spelt wrong lol

If you have an infection at surgery time they might have concerns but not at pre-op appointment stage. Avoid any tablets that will alter your bloods - herbals are normally ok (obviously dependent on what they are!)

tar hun these are herbal tabs but im just wonderin if i should take em or not i will just take my vit c and paracetamol if needed it may have just been my sinuses kikin of as my nose was quite bloked last night and today its a bit clearer so it could just be that im hoping i dont mind getin a cold after my assesment but pls god not b4 fingers xd lol

Take the paracetamol if you are running a temperature, but not if you are not. Our bodies are quite adept at healing themselves if we would only give them a chance and we are all guilty of reaching for the tablets as soon as we get symptoms for something (not suggesting that this is the case here)..take the Vit C - maybe a multi-vit? You can get bottles of the multi-vit tonic booster too from chemists & supermarkets...that pep's you up a bit. remember the rule with colds / flu etc - 3 days coming, 3 days here, 3 days going and its only in the 1st stage where they are contagious.

oh thanx tpt i didnt knw that lol well i do now hehehehe cheers.xxxx

thanx gaynor i just thought if ive got a cold will they want me in the hosp pos spreadin germs or will they think its swine flu aghhhhhhhhh noooooooo im still a bit sneezy this morn but i am now thinkin it is just my sinuses coz so far touch wood i dont feel sikky.x

Back