• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need help with my glue(after surgery) and port incision

pauladerm

Hi guys,
I know this might sound weird. But I had my lab band on Monday and I had the glue on my incisions. Can someone advice me on how to be mindful of the glue . Coz I have had a wash using a flannel and not showered yet as I am scared of causing any damage on my incisions. Moreover, the port incision seem to be sticking out more than the others. Please do help me with any advice.

The benefits of having glue is that you're able to shower straight away, so you can jump in and shower (just dont sit and soak in a bath!) It will on its own begin to peel away and will fall off, usually around the 7+ day mark. Having a shower wont damage it, but pat yourself dry with a towel rather than rubbing hard. If you find they are sore just allow them to "air dry"

And it is common that the port scar will be sticking out a little more, mine was more raised, more red and more tender than the others as it is the larger one. But if you have concerns or think there is any sign of infection do contact your provider. Otherwise, it all sounds normal to me :)

I have just been having a wash (had my band with glue on Sunday) have been told to wait 3-5 days to uncover the wounds which I will wait until Friday as I know they had an issue with one incision and I want to give it the best chance possible. After that shower but do not rub and do not rub dry just pat x

Thanks guys....

Back