• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Protein Ideas

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well I'm sure there has been loads of threads on this before, but I really need idea son how I can get some protein in.

I currently am eating:

Cheese - Soft and Hard
Ham
Eggs
Fish

I did think about a protein shake, but I'm not very good with milkshakes etc.

Any ideas please.

Lentil soup,whole earth peanut butter,tinned minced lamb or beef goes down great with mash,a tin of tuna with chilli sauce yum.Milky coffee,slow cooked lamb in a casserole.Baked bean and cheese in mash top with grated cheese and grill top till brown.

protein shots from discount supplement on line,, 25 grams of protein in a tube i mix it with water and nas squash as my daily intake of water xxxx

Found this on an american site, some good ideas though!

Food Source Duck Chicken Halibut Salmon Turkey Haddock Rockfish Tuna salad Chicken, canned Veal, leg Fish, flounder and sole Blue crab, canned Lamb Swordfish Yellow Fin Tuna Egg, boiled Baked Beans

Dairy Cottage Cheese Cheese, ricotta, part skim milk Hard cheese Cream, double Cow's milk Cheese sauce Yogurt with fruit

Vegetarian Sources Soybeans, cooked Chick peas Brown rice Baked beans Broccoli Tofu Potatoes Porridge [water] Lentils Soya milk Muesli Peanuts Bread Baked Beans Black beans Great Northern beans Kidney beans, canned Navy beans Pinto beans Green beans, canned

Hi, just doing same for hubby as he wants more. I found out the following,
Peanuts= 1/4 cup = 9 grams
Peanutbutter= 2 tablespoon =8grams
Cottagecheese= 1/2 cup =15grams
Most fish = 100grams= 22grams
Bacon = 1 slice =3grams
Chicken breast =3 1/2 oz =30 grams
Lentils(most beans etc) = 1/2 cup cooked =7-10 grams
Hope that helps , only thing l need to know is how much protein should you be having lol, not sure if it changes once you have had the op or what.

Most women post bypass need around 80g, for average men 100-120g, if you are doing considerable exercise then more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Nuts, nuts lovely nuts! Almonds and cashews are my nuts of choice at minute! Tasty and protein rich. X

Well done Shel - a mine of information xx

Cottage cheese sounds a good way to go, T/S.

I bought three tubs of philly light today to add to my mash, but it was pointed out this doesn't have much protein, so Cottage cheese next week.

This post is great i'm on a protein push...
Mine all coming from the following:
Fage, cream cheese, corned beef, nectar protein drink (tastes like nas squash), milky coffee(at last i can drink milk now), salmon(mashed with tatties), beans with chilli sauce, baked beans, hommus,peanut butter as a treat and the old favorite eggs.

Today going to try quinoa again high in protein. Right now i'm trying to do protein, protein... It is my new slogan!

Look forward to reading other ideas.

Quinoa is a brilliant source of protein. Add it to soups, stews etc or cook in stock with lots of herbs and spices to make a substitute for rice or potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back