• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need to lose weight first to determine which op i have

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi i`m Roch and thought i would say hello to u lot as will be soon on the loosing side i hope:D have been a mamber on minimins since Mini first opened the site but in the past year or so have been awol alot due to severe depression, and i dont post very often on my diary thread as i feel so low but that is somehting i have to stop as i have alot of friends on here who r always posting to see how i am and where am i usually in hiding lol

I was going to have surgery last year my uncle was funding it for me and 2 weeks b4 surgery i backed out for a few reasons one being i was scared to die and the second i felt bad about him funding it on his own.
I am mum to a gorgeous son called Aaron who is practically 16 and has had to grow up 2 fast to help me becuase of my food addiction and me getting to my heaviset of 29 stone and enough is enough if i dont have surgery now i dont think i will live to see next year.
This time my uncle is in a better financial situation and his brother is also sharing the cost with him so am def going ahead with it.
Went to see the surgeon 3 weeks ago and was told because of my bmi being 63 that i cant have a rny as its 2 risky and that will have to have a sleeve but because i have breathing probs with all the fat round my neck need to lose some weight and was meant to come back in 4 weeks time, there was not a set amount i had to lose.
I rang the surgeon and asked if i managed to get my bmi down alot maybe 53/54 will he consider a rny and was told yes, so have got another app now for 5 weeks time 5th August and he will see how much weight i have lost to determine what op i will have.
My surgeon is Mr Hashemi at university college hospital and he is very nice and has an excellent rep so will def stick with him.
Well that me introduced 2 u all just wanted to say hi and hope to chat soon, take care luv Roch xx

Hi Roch lovely to meet you! Really hope you manage to get your BMI down, but a sleeve will help if need be and can be turned into a RenY later :)

Can you not get NHS funding in your area?

Shel

Good luck! You already know there is lots of support here. Keep posting to let us all know your progress, so we can all try and help motivate you x

Just wanted to offer a helping hand and let you know were all here to support u. Were all in the same boat no matter how much we have to lose. Have you made plans for a diet to get your BMI down? I'm on a pre-op diet for a band due on the 7th. The motivation i have to do get thru that is immense because i know there is a means to an end. I'm doing slim fast for 14 weeks and yes its not easy peasy but in my mind i have the thought that if eat one wrong thing ....My op is off and my chance to be happy and healthy is over and i will have let myself down . I do hope you can find the strength to lose that weight that will allow you to have some help because i can assure you...the advantages to this far outweigh the disadvantages. I have had depression severely too and part of it is my weight but in the past 2 days something has definitly lifted...the feeling of freedom from this body that has and is causing me so much upset. You'll get there. Let us support you and vice versa ...were here for u . Speak soon Olivia xxxx

Hi Roch lovely to meet you! Really hope you manage to get your BMI down, but a sleeve will help if need be and can be turned into a RenY later :)

Can you not get NHS funding in your area?

Shel

Hi Shel, my pct Enfield are bast*rds and dont believe in funding wls. I do want the rny but if my consultant thinks that i have not got down to a realistic bmi then will have to have the sleeve but am trying hard to lose as much weight as poss.
Ty and take care luv Roch xx

Good luck! You already know there is lots of support here. Keep posting to let us all know your progress, so we can all try and help motivate you x

Hi Aliecat ty hun will def keep on posting now and stop hiding away,just looked at ur tracker u will soon be on the losing side 2 x

Just wanted to offer a helping hand and let you know were all here to support u. Were all in the same boat no matter how much we have to lose. Have you made plans for a diet to get your BMI down? I'm on a pre-op diet for a band due on the 7th. The motivation i have to do get thru that is immense because i know there is a means to an end. I'm doing slim fast for 14 weeks and yes its not easy peasy but in my mind i have the thought that if eat one wrong thing ....My op is off and my chance to be happy and healthy is over and i will have let myself down . I do hope you can find the strength to lose that weight that will allow you to have some help because i can assure you...the advantages to this far outweigh the disadvantages. I have had depression severely too and part of it is my weight but in the past 2 days something has definitly lifted...the feeling of freedom from this body that has and is causing me so much upset. You'll get there. Let us support you and vice versa ...were here for u . Speak soon Olivia xxxx

Hi Olivia ty for such an nice post, am on a combination of the milk diet and the low carb, protein diet(not atkins) i alternate them but will be doing a detox diet next week for a week to just kick start my diet then think will be sticking to the milk diet for the next 4 weeks till my app.

Either way i will be having surgery in the next 7 weeks but am hoping for it to be the rny and not the sleeve.
Take care hun and ty xxxx

now now liv you've broke the bed don't break the monitor too!

roch hunni glad to see you again.looking forward to a nice chat on msn with you when you feel up to it.im having open roux-en-y with shaw somers next month (not sure what date) mybmi is higher than yours :grouphugg:take care lovely xxx

Hi Roch

Just to welcome you to the group......you know you can do it an dwe are all here to support you..... My bmi was 59 and i had a rny......

Keep posting we will all help you

hi roch just had to say hi to u hun, i was 25stone b4 my op 1 year ago and my bmi was 65, i had the keyhole bypass done and im 5ft 2in, ive lost just ova 8 stone now i hope things go really well for u hun, if u need a chat or would like to ask me anything my e mail and msn is [email protected] take care and good luck xxx

Back